Congrats Whit! Photos of first retail Ford Focus Electric

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fordfocuselectric

Whit (whitgallman) from the Ford Focus Electric Forum, seems to be the first retail customer to have received the Ford Focus Electric. Here are some pictures that were sent to us to post up - enjoy, and congratulations Whit!

5-2012054-1024x768.jpg

5-27-12LongIsland006-1024x768.jpg

5-2012052-1024x768.jpg

5-27-12LongIsland005-1024x768.jpg

5-27-12LongIsland008-1024x768.jpg

We'll see what kind of press this stirs up - there is a mini-article with information found here: http://www.myfocuselectric.com/first-ford-focus-electric-delivered-to-retail-customer/

I think a mistake has been made here. That should be MY car!
Congrats, I hope it turns out to be all you expect from it.

Robin Sipe.

Congrats, Whit.

Once you start driving, please post more details. Mine is supposed to arrive June 6th and I want to make sure it's all it's cracked up to be.

Comments on pictures.
1) Tom Cinelli of Hassett Ford in Wantagh, NY is giving me lessons on car operation. My neighbor, Peter Rubenstein formerly of Long Beach, NY, is looking on. Lessons included Sirius, setting up hands free phone connection, install navigation map SD chip and introduction to voice commands.
3) photo of it in Hassett Ford lot next to their charger
2),4),5) On Sunday mornings there is a gathering of auto enthusiasts, Hot Roders and bikers at Oak Beach Inn. Peter had gone to these when he lived near there, so we took the Electric Focus. Fit right in, except it had no loud exhaust, no pistons, no gas. Groups of guys gave it a look. Started raining after an hour or so and all the bikers and convertables left.

Congratulations on the new ride - looks great :!:

One of the things that has kept me on the fence is the rear storage configuration. If you wouldn't mind and have a few spare minutes, a photo of the rear with a suitcase or box (and the dimensions) stowed above the parcel shelf would ease my mind that the car can handle my needs.

That is a nice looking car, I really like the white. I am glad someone somewhere has been able to buy one. Congrats!

Fluke said:
Congratulations on the new ride - looks great :!:

One of the things that has kept me on the fence is the rear storage configuration. If you wouldn't mind and have a few spare minutes, a photo of the rear with a suitcase or box (and the dimensions) stowed above the parcel shelf would ease my mind that the car can handle my needs.

I will go measure but I think it's less than an overhead bin on an air plane . Peter says a 36" duffle bag if you squish it down.

Congratulations, Whit! I bet you can't wait to get your car back to Charlotte :D

Hope you keep us informed on your experiences! Best of luck with your new car!

I posted in another forum for some guy to PM about staying at my house near Richmond and charging on his way home, thinking he was going to NC, but I was confusing him with you, I think.

The White does look really good, I noticed it in one of Ford's PR photos.

The "human interface" area seems a bit daunting, but probably worth the effort learning it.

Congrats and best of luck.

Hey Whit

Just wanted to say congrats on being one of the first to have a ford focus electric. Do keep us here at the ford focus electric forum informed on how ownership goes. It will be so exciting to start to see these ev's on the road. Did you get any tax breaks? Are you going to install a charger at your home? Enjoy the new ride!

I did everything I knew to get good fuel economy out of the 1990 Cummins Dodge. Larger pipe, overdrive unit, 3:08 final drive ratio, low rolling resistance Michelins, replaced tail gate with net. Got 20 mpg going up there through W. VA (I-77 then I-78). Only got 14 mpg on the way back pulling the load (I-95 & I-85). Trailer was 2,200#, so about 3 tons total. The cruise control didn't have the suds to pull the throttle very hard. But the truck did a good job. Little things to fix.
Windshield wiper linkage popped loose, A/C needed some freon, glove box door latch broke (now has binder clip), drivers door panel came loose.
It was fun!

It's a good pickup for a haul. My neighbor Peter Rubenstein did a lot of the driving. He was from Long Beach, NY and this was a way to visit his old home town and some family.
Oxford white.

An article in AutoTrader
http://www.autotrader.com/research/article/car-news/170008/2012-ford-focus-electric-begins-retail-life-with-low-key-deliveries.jsp

WAIT!!!
I'm not officially first!!!
Just spoke to Chad D'Arcy Marketing Manager for Electric Focus who said I'm third to sign papers, not first.
He wouldn't say who the 1st and second are, but maybe they will claim their place (and send pictures) on this Forum.

Ford may be working on a T shirt for Focus electric fans!!!

Whit, Nice article in Autotrader. You are the first.... with only 350 cars in the wild we are all truly the first.....

Back