fordfocuselectric

Congrats Whit! Photos of first retail Ford Focus Electric

Sun May 27, 2012 9:18 pm

Whit (whitgallman) from the Ford Focus Electric Forum, seems to be the first retail customer to have received the Ford Focus Electric. Here are some pictures that were sent to us to post up - enjoy, and congratulations Whit!

We'll see what kind of press this stirs up - there is a mini-article with information found here: http://www.myfocuselectric.com/first-fo ... -customer/

j79guy

Re: Congrats Whit! Photos of first retail Ford Focus Electri

Mon May 28, 2012 12:37 pm

I think a mistake has been made here. That should be MY car!
Congrats, I hope it turns out to be all you expect from it.

Robin Sipe.

Nal67

Mon May 28, 2012 8:49 pm

Congrats, Whit.

Once you start driving, please post more details. Mine is supposed to arrive June 6th and I want to make sure it's all it's cracked up to be.

whitgallman

Tue May 29, 2012 1:51 am

Comments on pictures.
1) Tom Cinelli of Hassett Ford in Wantagh, NY is giving me lessons on car operation. My neighbor, Peter Rubenstein formerly of Long Beach, NY, is looking on. Lessons included Sirius, setting up hands free phone connection, install navigation map SD chip and introduction to voice commands.
3) photo of it in Hassett Ford lot next to their charger
2),4),5) On Sunday mornings there is a gathering of auto enthusiasts, Hot Roders and bikers at Oak Beach Inn. Peter had gone to these when he lived near there, so we took the Electric Focus. Fit right in, except it had no loud exhaust, no pistons, no gas. Groups of guys gave it a look. Started raining after an hour or so and all the bikers and convertables left.

Fluke

Tue May 29, 2012 3:55 am

Congratulations on the new ride - looks great :!:

One of the things that has kept me on the fence is the rear storage configuration. If you wouldn't mind and have a few spare minutes, a photo of the rear with a suitcase or box (and the dimensions) stowed above the parcel shelf would ease my mind that the car can handle my needs.
2012 White Platinum Ford Focus Electric
Yes, SYNC is that bad

jzn010

Tue May 29, 2012 6:36 am

That is a nice looking car, I really like the white. I am glad someone somewhere has been able to buy one. Congrats!

whitgallman

Tue May 29, 2012 10:51 am

Fluke wrote:Congratulations on the new ride - looks great :!:

One of the things that has kept me on the fence is the rear storage configuration. If you wouldn't mind and have a few spare minutes, a photo of the rear with a suitcase or box (and the dimensions) stowed above the parcel shelf would ease my mind that the car can handle my needs.
I will go measure but I think it's less than an overhead bin on an air plane . Peter says a 36" duffle bag if you squish it down.

georgek

Tue May 29, 2012 11:54 am

Congratulations, Whit! I bet you can't wait to get your car back to Charlotte :D

Hope you keep us informed on your experiences! Best of luck with your new car!
2013 Ice Storm

Rwbill

Wed May 30, 2012 2:40 pm

I posted in another forum for some guy to PM about staying at my house near Richmond and charging on his way home, thinking he was going to NC, but I was confusing him with you, I think.

The White does look really good, I noticed it in one of Ford's PR photos.

The "human interface" area seems a bit daunting, but probably worth the effort learning it.

Congrats and best of luck.

Rwbill

Wed May 30, 2012 2:42 pm

I meant to say, the guy in the top photo holding the cable looks like he's trying not to spill any on your car !!!!

Return to “News and Main Ford Focus Electric Forum”