My Ford Focus electric is on the way.

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nal67

so, I got a call from the dealer with my VIN number. Checked and the windows sticker is available on the Ford website. Built on 04/10/12. Called ford customer service and estimated delivery is 04/30/12.

Anyone else expecting? :D

exciting! Where are you located? California?

I haven't yet ordered one, but I live in Washington and not in the Seattle metropolis so it will be while before I can get a Ford Focus Electric :(

Nal67 said:
so, I got a call from the dealer with my VIN number. Checked and the windows sticker is available on the Ford website. Built on 04/10/12. Called ford customer service and estimated delivery is 04/30/12.

Anyone else expecting? :D
Cool! What color? Any options? What's it replace? Do you have an EVSE yet?

I also have ordered - 11/29/11, Platinum white, leather seats. Ordered from Schultz Ford Lincoln in Nanut, NY. Paid MSRP. I live in Rhode Island and will have the vehicle trucked up here. Received a VIN number in mid February, was told the vehicle was completed in the 3rd week of March. Was told the vehicle would be delivered the week of 4/9/2012. Still waiting.

I have ordered a level 2 upgrade EVSE of a Leaf EVSE from evseupgrade.com They will take my Ford 120v EVSE and see if they can upgrade it and exchange it for the Leaf EVSE. Total cost $287.00. It is only a 3.84 kW 16 amp unit, however, that is all I currently need. (If they cannot upgrade the unit I will pay $1087.00 for the unit. I am hopeful they will be able to upgrade the unit, because if they don't it is a bad deal..... :x )

This vehicle is not replacing any vehicle. I currently drive 20+K per year commuting and drive a Toyota Avalon @ 25 avg MPG. My commute is 80 miles round trip so this is a perfect vehicle to reduce my carbon footprint and save a ton of money. ($3,200.00 current annual gas outlay, estimate $600.00 electric outlay with the Focus Electric.) I will keep the Avalon as my distance automobile.

dwf123 said:
I also have ordered - 11/29/11, Platinum white, leather seats. Ordered from Schultz Ford Lincoln in Nanut, NY. Paid MSRP. I live in Rhode Island and will have the vehicle trucked up here. Received a VIN number in mid February, was told the vehicle was completed in the 3rd week of March. Was told the vehicle would be delivered the week of 4/9/2012. Still waiting.

I have ordered a level 2 upgrade EVSE of a Leaf EVSE from evseupgrade.com They will take my Ford 120v EVSE and see if they can upgrade it and exchange it for the Leaf EVSE. Total cost $287.00. It is only a 3.84 kW 16 amp unit, however, that is all I currently need. (If they cannot upgrade the unit I will pay $1087.00 for the unit. I am hopeful they will be able to upgrade the unit, because if they don't it is a bad deal..... :x )

This vehicle is not replacing any vehicle. I currently drive 20+K per year commuting and drive a Toyota Avalon @ 25 avg MPG. My commute is 80 miles round trip so this is a perfect vehicle to reduce my carbon footprint and save a ton of money. ($3,200.00 current annual gas outlay, estimate $600.00 electric outlay with the Focus Electric.) I will keep the Avalon as my distance automobile.
Congratulation! Sounds like you will have it soon. Thermal battery management will be handy with your four seasons. Interesting about the EVSE Upgrade. I plan to use an SPX EVSE for road trips, but it is bulky and heavy to carry. Please let us know how yours works out.

Anyone else expecting? :D[/quote]
Cool! What color? Any options? What's it replace? Do you have an EVSE yet?[/quote]

I got the glass color with leather. Do not have a charger yet as we are planning to move in about a month and currently rent. My current car is a 2006 Prius which I love.

I'm a real estate appraiser, work from home and do short range driving every day. So electric would work fine although I am interested in the Fusion plug in hybrid that is coming out next year. Our second car is a 2005 Ford Escape Hybrid.

Hey Nal67,

So exciting that you are getting a new Ford Focus Electric soon. You are so lucky! Would it be possible for you to post some pics of your ride for the ford focus electric forum when you get it. Another thing I am always curious to hear about from other users is their planned use for the USB ports and AV plugins. Do you have any big plans for those accessories. Please do let us know your favorite bells and whistles on your Focus ev as well. So cool that you are getting a Ford electric soon. Also really wondering how the "glass" color will look in person. Keep us posted and congratulations!

Mine supposed to be delivered to the dealer on Long Island May 7! I drive to dealer May 10 and trailer it back to Charlotte, NC May 12.
I've got an SPX Level II 30 amp at home and a Schneider Level II 30 amp at my Dad's 79 miles away.

Whit - that is so exciting! Have you been told what order you are in? Are you the first one to make your reservation for the Ford Focus Electric?

Whit - it's the 7th, does your Long Island dealer have your Ford Focus Electric?!

Per the Ford Customer Service Manager, Angella Trettenero, no, 2012 Ford Focus electric, have been released to the general public. All of them are in a "stop shipped" basis for one more inspection. She calls me weekly (will hear from her tomorrow) with updates on the status of my order. Below is a copy of her last email:

David,

It was a pleasure speaking with you today, thank you for your patience and understanding – it’s quite refreshing. While I understand you are anxious to receive your vehicle I do not have an ETA at this time. The vehicle has been stop shipped for inspection. Please stay in touch with your dealership and I will provide you weekly updates when the system changes.

Thank You for your time!

Angela Trettenero
Customer Service Manager
Ford Motor Company- Customer Service Division

My weekly update has arrived and I am feeling a little short changed. Very vague information without any probability of resolution....

I did reply email and asked her if "any consumer ordered Electic Focus have been delivered" - No response at this time.

Dear David,

Hope you had a great weekend! I don’t have any updates on your vehicle’s arrival date, but I know that it has been produced and is still waiting for inspection. I will set another follow-up for next week 5-15-2012 to provide you with any additional information I receive.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Angela Trettenero
Customer Service Manager

I did receive a prompt response from Angela, about the question, if any consumer ordered Electric Foscus' have been delivered.

Mr. Foss,

I am under the impression that there have not been any units that have made their way to customers yet.

Angela Trettenero
Customer Service Manager

In regard to the above emails from Ford Customer Support. I ordered my auto on 11/29/11, I was told on Feb 1st I had a VIN number and in mid March that my delivery would would be the week of 4/9/2012. The build date on the VIN is 3/12/2012. I was told on 5/1/2012 the vehicle was "stop shipped" for "inspection". It is now 5/8/2012.

I am totally reading between lines here but, this car has been built for 2 full months, there has to be some kind of problem. No idea what it is, but, they must be trying to correct something and I have no idea how long that will take.

To those of you who may have more experience on this please give me some feedback. I have never ordered a car from the factory, is this common for a new car delivery? Originally my dealer told me 4 months delivery time and we are now into the 6th month.

dwf123 said:
To those of you who may have more experience on this please give me some feedback. I have never ordered a car from the factory, is this common for a new car delivery? Originally my dealer told me 4 months delivery time and we are now into the 6th month.

I have ordered cars several times, but to me this is not normal. My 'guess' is that it has less to do with your car in particular and more to do with all of the models built thus far and that a problem has arisen and they are working on a fix and will install those fixes before the vehicles head to the dealers, as this avoids the bad press of a mass recall right after a long-awaited (and delayed) rollout. The fact that the customer service rep replied that she wasn't aware that ANY (not just yours) of the FFEs had been actually delivered to dealers tells me it's a mass issue.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Received my VIN today, should be the first Focus Electric to be sold to an individual in The Province of BC. (And maybe the first in Canada.) Told that delivery "should be around the end of June", so this sounds in-line with what you folks are seeing as well. This has been a long time coming, here in Canada there has been a dearth of information available and getting any real answers has been like pulling teeth. At least you folks "down south" have had more info available since last Fall.

Robin Sipe.

in Canada there has been a dearth of information available and getting any real answers has been like pulling teeth. At least you folks "down south" have had more info available since last Fall.

Good luck Robin, We also have had a dearth of infomation "down south"!!! The dealerships and Ford are simply not giving out any information in regard to delivery, warranty, extended service contracts, etc. It has only been through several websites have I been able to gather information. Below are links I would recommend to you:

http://insideevs.com/

http://fordfocuselectric.com/forums/index.php

http://www.pluginamerica.org/accessories?page=1

http://www.plugincars.com/

http://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/ContactUsPage

Collectively you will meet interesting people and gather lots of information on charging choices, mileage calculators, getting VIN numbers so you can find out when the auto was built and how to reach Ford Customer Support.

OK GUYS, Help me with this riddle.
The dealer said "Just got an e-mail from Ford that says they are starting to ship the Focus on May 21."
Want to guess number of days from "starting to ship" to actually shows up at the dealer if the window sticker says it's coming by rail (to NJ, then truck to Long Island)?
THANKS!!!

Whit

Back