klaus

Re: My Ford Focus electric is on the way.

Mon May 07, 2012 7:52 am

Whit - it's the 7th, does your Long Island dealer have your Ford Focus Electric?!

dwf123

Mon May 07, 2012 10:52 am

Per the Ford Customer Service Manager, Angella Trettenero, no, 2012 Ford Focus electric, have been released to the general public. All of them are in a "stop shipped" basis for one more inspection. She calls me weekly (will hear from her tomorrow) with updates on the status of my order. Below is a copy of her last email:
David,

It was a pleasure speaking with you today, thank you for your patience and understanding – it’s quite refreshing. While I understand you are anxious to receive your vehicle I do not have an ETA at this time. The vehicle has been stop shipped for inspection. Please stay in touch with your dealership and I will provide you weekly updates when the system changes.

Thank You for your time!

Angela Trettenero
Customer Service Manager
Ford Motor Company- Customer Service Division
2012 Ford Focus Electric. Delivered 5/29/2012

dwf123

Tue May 08, 2012 9:26 am

My weekly update has arrived and I am feeling a little short changed. Very vague information without any probability of resolution....

I did reply email and asked her if "any consumer ordered Electic Focus have been delivered" - No response at this time.
Dear David,

Hope you had a great weekend! I don’t have any updates on your vehicle’s arrival date, but I know that it has been produced and is still waiting for inspection. I will set another follow-up for next week 5-15-2012 to provide you with any additional information I receive.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Angela Trettenero
Customer Service Manager

dwf123

Tue May 08, 2012 9:51 am

I did receive a prompt response from Angela, about the question, if any consumer ordered Electric Foscus' have been delivered.
Mr. Foss,

I am under the impression that there have not been any units that have made their way to customers yet.

Angela Trettenero
Customer Service Manager
Last edited by admin on Wed May 09, 2012 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed contact details

dwf123

Tue May 08, 2012 10:07 am

In regard to the above emails from Ford Customer Support. I ordered my auto on 11/29/11, I was told on Feb 1st I had a VIN number and in mid March that my delivery would would be the week of 4/9/2012. The build date on the VIN is 3/12/2012. I was told on 5/1/2012 the vehicle was "stop shipped" for "inspection". It is now 5/8/2012.

I am totally reading between lines here but, this car has been built for 2 full months, there has to be some kind of problem. No idea what it is, but, they must be trying to correct something and I have no idea how long that will take.

To those of you who may have more experience on this please give me some feedback. I have never ordered a car from the factory, is this common for a new car delivery? Originally my dealer told me 4 months delivery time and we are now into the 6th month.

jeff_h

Tue May 08, 2012 4:13 pm

dwf123 wrote:To those of you who may have more experience on this please give me some feedback. I have never ordered a car from the factory, is this common for a new car delivery? Originally my dealer told me 4 months delivery time and we are now into the 6th month.
I have ordered cars several times, but to me this is not normal. My 'guess' is that it has less to do with your car in particular and more to do with all of the models built thus far and that a problem has arisen and they are working on a fix and will install those fixes before the vehicles head to the dealers, as this avoids the bad press of a mass recall right after a long-awaited (and delayed) rollout. The fact that the customer service rep replied that she wasn't aware that ANY (not just yours) of the FFEs had been actually delivered to dealers tells me it's a mass issue.

Good luck and keep us posted!

whitgallman

Re: My Ford Focus electric is on the way.(NOT)

Tue May 08, 2012 5:24 pm

I'm getting the same delay, just not as directly.
Pulling my hair out!!!
Whitgallman

j79guy

Wed May 09, 2012 11:58 am

Received my VIN today, should be the first Focus Electric to be sold to an individual in The Province of BC. (And maybe the first in Canada.) Told that delivery "should be around the end of June", so this sounds in-line with what you folks are seeing as well. This has been a long time coming, here in Canada there has been a dearth of information available and getting any real answers has been like pulling teeth. At least you folks "down south" have had more info available since last Fall.

Robin Sipe.

dwf123

Thu May 10, 2012 3:58 am

in Canada there has been a dearth of information available and getting any real answers has been like pulling teeth. At least you folks "down south" have had more info available since last Fall.
Good luck Robin, We also have had a dearth of infomation "down south"!!! The dealerships and Ford are simply not giving out any information in regard to delivery, warranty, extended service contracts, etc. It has only been through several websites have I been able to gather information. Below are links I would recommend to you:

http://insideevs.com/

http://fordfocuselectric.com/forums/index.php

http://www.pluginamerica.org/accessories?page=1

http://www.plugincars.com/
Collectively you will meet interesting people and gather lots of information on charging choices, mileage calculators, getting VIN numbers so you can find out when the auto was built and how to reach Ford Customer Support.

whitgallman

Mon May 14, 2012 4:25 pm

OK GUYS, Help me with this riddle.
The dealer said "Just got an e-mail from Ford that says they are starting to ship the Focus on May 21."
Want to guess number of days from "starting to ship" to actually shows up at the dealer if the window sticker says it's coming by rail (to NJ, then truck to Long Island)?
THANKS!!!

Whit

Return to “News and Main Ford Focus Electric Forum”