Possible to extend the 8yr/100 warranty?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetlife2

I have a 2012 FFE with 40k miles. It just spent a long time in the shop to resolve a “yellow wrench” and “stop safely now” electrical issue. (Short version: loose wiring). All of this was under the 8/100 warranty. However, this is about to expire. Can this be extended under one of the Ford extended warranties? Otherwise I am faced with the possibility of big bills in the future and consequent choices (get rid of it, drive it till it fails, wait to see size of bill, treat it as disposable due to low value...)
Thanks

Check with your local dealer. Make sure it's a true Ford Warranty and not 3rd party.

If it's still available, then grab it from one of the Ford Dealers selling on the internet. I got my 8/48 bumper to bumper, no deductible, first day rental for $740 via the internet.

seems like it's learn how to troubleshoot and fix yourself or disposable car. Since any failure out of warranty will be very expensive.

Just wondering could you share any details regarding resolution of the “yellow wrench” and “stop safely now” electrical issue, (Short version: loose wiring) ?
How did you solve it? I have the same problem with my FFE 2013.

You can purchase Premium Care from a Ford Dealer, covers almost everything, EXCEPT the HV battery. Keep in mind the charger alone lists for close to $4k at most dealers. Your dealer can go over the details. I just bought a 4yr/48 month contract.

You can purchase Premium Care from a Ford Dealer, covers almost everything, EXCEPT the HV battery. Keep in mind the charger alone lists for close to $4k at most dealers. Your dealer can go over the details. I just bought a 4yr/48 month contract.

Back