Mustang Mach-E

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmueller065

Well if you haven't heard ! LOL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcZP4Y7Pk9A

My take on it:
https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/2019/11/18/mustang-mach-e/

I like it. The pics of the one with a faux grill look even better. Most folks aren't ready for no grill I've found. Now, the rank and file Mustang fan is losing his freaking mind over this thing being called a Mustang.

Frankly, if they slap a Mustang emblem on it, then it's a Mustang. Life's too short to fight losing fights like that. Ford is late to the game. I've heard that they, "not only dropped the ball, but someone kicked it away and they can't find it" when it comes to producing electric vehicles. Even my folks, who at 82 bought a Model 3 even they own close to a dozen Fords would have bought a Ford had something decent been available. I'm not calling my Focus even "decent" in terms of a product competitiveness in anything other than price these days. The Model 3 is nice. It's fast. It's the market benchmark.

Me? I'll probably get one if I don't get an electric F150 or a Cyberpunk Truck. If I get an "e" it'll be a GT or top of the line version in a year or so.

Well over a year ago I attended a market survey event for this car, comparing it with a Tesla Model 3, Kia Niro (kind of funny, the EV Niro wasn't out yet, so they had a hybrid that they wanted us to believe was full electric) and the Chevy Bolt. I was very impressed with the Ford. Also amazing is that the car they showed us was remarkably close to what Ford just unveiled.

I like it a lot. And if I didn't already have my Model 3, I would be very interested in buying one. Will be really interesting to see how well this does in the market.

Keith

Well I have one reserved whatever that means in Ford speak LOL

(Looking at the reservation FAQ: You give your $$ to Ford, they don't guarantee anything and you get your $$ back once you've placed an order with a dealer. So what does putting in a reservation get me other than loaning Ford $500?)

Back