OEM Tires Worn Out After Only 12K Miles!

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynalucard

Two of the OEM tires on my 2017 FFE are already worn out after only 12K miles. The other two have 4-5/32 left. I did tire rotation twice.

Any tire recommendations? My lease will be up next July, so I only want to replace two tires. Can I mix LRR tires with non-LRR tires?

That's rough,
My 2018 at 18 months of driving and 28k miles need tires. 3 rotations on my car.

Micheline warranted them and paid 50% of the new set of tires since the OEM on the 2018 models were 55k tires.

Hope this helps.

FYI did not go with the energy saver this time to help with the slip braking I have had since new from time to time. as of now 2500 miles on new tires no reduction in miles per charge I get.

I have 60+K miles on my focus. I'm on the 3rd set of tires and they just about need replacing. I'm getting about 21K per set. I'm generally pretty hard on the acceleration but rather mild on the braking as I usually get scores in the high 90's per the brake coach.

The first set of tires were Low Rolling Resistance LRR, but the last set was just standard Michelin tires. No difference in longevity, but they are less squeaky. I didn't really notice a change in miles per charge, but I'm sure I took a little bit of a hit there.

On the set of tires before my current set, I did get a refund because they didn't last as long as advertised. I did rotate regularly with that set at Costco and there was no hassle getting the refund. On this set, I just rotated myself. They are wearing nice and evenly and flat. I'll see about getting a refund again with Costco when the time comes.

Back