Ford has sold 10 Ford Focus Electric vehicles

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnd

That's it - only 10. And it's supposedly been on sale since December 2012. I don't know what Ford is doing with this, but if they keep it up, there will be plenty of people buying a Leaf or a Mitsubishi i instead!

Here's the article: Ford claims it's still on track

When Ford first announced the Ford Focus Electric they said it would be around $30K which started a lot of buzz on the internet. Now that we can pre-order them, they are almost $40K. At this price it's slightly better numbers aren't worth the thousands extra over the Nissan Leaf in my opinion. That's why the Ford Focus gasoline and the Chevy Cruz are selling so well - the electric versions cost almost twice as much. Until this price gap changes, or gas prices get a lot higher there will be few people interested in buying the Volt and the Ford Focus Electric.

focusbev said:
When Ford first announced the Ford Focus Electric they said it would be around $30K which started a lot of buzz on the internet. Now that we can pre-order them, they are almost $40K. At this price it's slightly better numbers aren't worth the thousands extra over the Nissan Leaf in my opinion. That's why the Ford Focus gasoline and the Chevy Cruz are selling so well - the electric versions cost almost twice as much. Until this price gap changes, or gas prices get a lot higher there will be few people interested in buying the Volt and the Ford Focus Electric.

I wonder about that as well --- of course with no or limited supply on the FFE versus being able to buy something TODAY (i.e., the LEAF, a Volt or even the much lower cost Mitsu 'i' or skip an EV altogether and simply buy a high mileage ICE) I think Ford will not be able to make many EV sales but then again if you're already selling lierally over 23K 'regular' Focus ICE cars a month (see link) why rush to divert some production for EV use ?

http://online.wsj.com/mdc/public/page/2_3022-autosales.html

I had no idea the Ford Focus ICE was so popular! I guess that makes sense that Ford wouldn't want to cut into the Focus ICE production to build a few (hundred perhaps) Ford Focus Electric vehicles... I remember seeing somewhere that when Ford gave the media a tour of the Wayne assembly plant for the Ford Focus Electric they weren't even building any Ford Focus Electrics, just the Ford Focus ICE.

Back