Ford Focus Electric qualifies for $2500 extra tax rebate

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marta

In California, the Ford Focus Electric qualifies for an extra $2500 state tax credit. Add that to the $7500 federal tax credit, and that's a total of $10,000 of credits off of a Ford Focus Electric.

The Ford Focus Electric starting price is $39,200 and after tax credits in California that brings the price to $29,500.

Anybody know if this is the only EV that qualifies for the extra $2500 tax credit?

marta said:
In California, the Ford Focus Electric qualifies for an extra $2500 state tax credit. Add that to the $7500 federal tax credit, and that's a total of $10,000 of credits off of a Ford Focus Electric.

The Ford Focus Electric starting price is $39,200 and after tax credits in California that brings the price to $29,500.

Anybody know if this is the only EV that qualifies for the extra $2500 tax credit?

As long as it meets the criteria, the CODA, LEAF, Mitsu 'i' and even the Volt and/or Plug in Prius may get something; program was renewed but at lower levels than the original $5K ...

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/201...or-hybrids-and-e-v-s-live-on-in-reduced-form/

Here is another link on program changes ... here in IL, we still get up to $4K (10% of MSRP) for EV's but car needs to be sold from a local IL dealer so no out-of-state orphans so obviously no FFE need apply if and when they start selling in any numbers in CA or NY (initial launch states) -- my own IL EPA rebate for my LEAF should be $3,824 and be arriving hopefully any day now; this drops the out of pocket to $26,916 (already filed my Fed Tax return and realized the $7,500 Fed Credit), of course not everyone can get the full amount so be careful on that aspect -- if you lease you can get the fed tax credit rolled in but not sure how CA treats leases with their rebate --- IL disqualifies leased cars from its EV rebate programs; cars can only be purchased outright. The FFE was initially my first choice for an EV but with the higher price tag and the fact that we won't see it in Chicago for who knows how much longer have been a happy LEAF owner since the end of December. We may still buy a Ford (the C-Max plug-in Energi) if and when they announce a competitive selling price as well as availability ... we'll see!

http://energycenter.org/index.php/i...ebate-project/frequently-asked-questions-cvrp

california said:
Wow, great info - thanks RedEV! Do you have a red ev?

Yes, indeed ... have owned a red LEAF for just under 3 months (photo shows it getting charged at home in my garage -- Schneider EVLink 240V L2 charger), with gas prices quickly approaching $5 here in Chicago we're saving lot's of money every day we drive it versus the big Routan 4.0L van parked in front of it.

IMG_040A2.JPG

Back