Ford Focus Electric receives EPA ratings

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marta

It's about time! The Ford Focus Electric has finally received the Environmental Protection Agencies ratings on fuel economy and distance per charge based on the US test cycle.

The Ford Focus Electric is rated at 105 MPGe (city and highway combined), which puts it above the Nissan Leaf by 6 MPGe and below the Mitsubishi i-Miev by 7 MPGe.

The Ford Focus Electric has a range of 75 miles (according to the EPA test cycle) which gives it 3 miles more range than the Nissan Leaf. However, the Nissan Leaf starting price is $4000 less than the Ford Focus Electric starting price of $39,200.

Is it worth the extra 12% of cost for 6 MPGe more? Many people are even skeptical of the EPA's ratings for full electric vehicles. People on the My Nissan Leaf Forum have been claiming higher than the 99 MPGe the Nissan Leaf is supposed to get...

It's great that the Ford Focus Electric received such great numbers, but I don't think it's anything worth really bragging about. The Nissan Leaf is using 2 year old technology, and the not even available yet Ford Focus Electric can just barely beat it?

Back