Ford brough several shades of green to autoshow

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evguy

Ford had a huge display at the Chicago Auto Show this year, with the Fusion energi plug-in hybrid, the C-max energi plug-in hybrid, and the Ford Focus Electric all hanging around for people to look at.

Ford-Focus-Electric-1.jpg

Ford claims the Ford Focus Electric will have an MPGe rating and a solar recharging option, and Ford also says it charges faster than the Nissan Leaf. With a 240V charging station, the Ford Focus Electric will charge in 3-4 hours.

The Ford Focus Electric will seat 5, with the back seat having 3 belts. The middle position is fairly small.

The Ford Focus Electric will also work with the Ford mobile app and will allow the driver to control a few key functions remotely, such as charging settings, and pre-cooling or pre-heating the interior while the car is hooked up to the grid. This will help minimize range impact since the Ford Focus Electric will be pre-heated when the driver unplugs.

Still no word of range yet on the Ford Focus Electric.

Although not directly listed just about anywhere other than the mention above, I did see that they also had almost identical C-Max prototypes, both an Energi plug-in hybrid and just hybrid in the same shade of light green --- quite noticeable was the lack of trunk room behind the seats of the Energi as the battery takes it; we'll see how practical it would be as well as pricing perhaps much later this year. This is still a vehicle that if executed well would be a great next car after my VW Routan; especially with the expected spike in gas prices coming (heard over on another forum that prediction is for $4.95/gal in Chicago by memorial Day!!!)

WP_000014.jpg

RedEV is that a picture you took yourself? Do you have a picture of the limited trunk space in the Focus Electric or the C-max Energi?

Wow, $4.95 a gallon. I guess when you consider we are all now 'used to' and don't hardly complain about the $4 a gallon price now.... :cry:

klaus said:
RedEV is that a picture you took yourself? Do you have a picture of the limited trunk space in the Focus Electric or the C-max Energi?

Wow, $4.95 a gallon. I guess when you consider we are all now 'used to' and don't hardly complain about the $4 a gallon price now.... :cry:

Yes, I took that photo but no, didn't take one of the trunk space; doubtful that it would have come out due to using a smartphone and reflective surfaces (had to cup my hand to see through the tinted windows), someone else did take a photo at the D.C. show as they were able to open the doors, car was locked up at the Chicago Show; here's a link:

http://fordfocuselectric.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1122

The 3rd photo shows the trunk area -- if you look closely to the extreme left, you'll see that the 'floor' goes up halfway the seat back but in the regulart hybrid, the 'floor' goes all the way down to the bottom of the seat back -- not sure how many cu. ft. you would lose as it's still not posted by Ford but this reminds me of when they add 4-wheel drive to a front-wheel drive only car, the trunk floor gets raised to accomodate the rear drive axels, etc. and storage takes a hit.

Back