Ford Focus Electric has 100% sustinable interior

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evguy

I knew Ford was using/reusing products in it's interior in an effort to be more environmentally friendly, but I had no idea that the interior of the 2012 Ford Focus Electric is deemed 100% sustainable!

wheat-straw-air-cleaner.jpg.492x0_q85_crop-smart.jpg

fords-eco-materials.jpg.492x0_q85_crop-smart.jpg

At a latest event put by EcoStiletto Ford's designer Leslie Swek offered the organization's newest nature-inspired colours, such as Frosted Cup. The icy shade of light natural is the trademark shade of the 2012 Ford Focus Electric -- offering a "100 percent sustainable interior"

Anthony Prozzi, formerly from the world of fashion, talked of the automaker’s use of maintainable elements in its inside, from furniture to carpeting.

The new Ford Focus Electrical is only the first of the 100% maintainable, post-industrial inside for Ford's growing line of natural automobiles -- the Fusion Energi, Transit Connect, etc.

Ford is studying the use of various plant-based items -- such as avocado fiber content from the waste-stream of Miracle-Gro items -- in its continuous attempt to reduce the use of petroleum-based elements and create lighter-weight automobiles for better petrol performance. But since some of these elements are not gleaming enough for the public’s flavor, many elements are used in the underbody of the Ford Focus Electric.

Sustainable elements developer Mary Kordich is most energized about the effort to get providers, like Repreve, created by Unifi, to “close the loop” by recycling where possible its fabric by sending it back into string production.

It's amazing what the can make these days - although I wonder what happens if it gets wet? Does the straw start rotting when you drive your ford focus electric through a puddle?

Good question... They spent 100 years getting autos to the point where the bodies would not rust into a bucket of dust. What is the durability of these products? How long do they project their expected useful life? Anybody got an answer?

From what I understand, most, if not all, of the sustainable materials used in the Ford Focus Electric are in the interior. The interior hopefully won't be subject to lots of moisture for extended periods of time, so I don't think rot and decay will be an issue.

On the outside/underside of the Ford Focus Electric, Ford has used other techniques to be green, such as tiny little air bubbles in the plastic to save weight (thus increasing the overall efficiency and range of the Ford Focus Electric).

Sure its sustainable, but is it recyclable? Of course I have no idea what they do with car interiors now. Maybe they should recycle car interiors to make new interiors. THAT would be 100% sustainable. :D Love the car. Want one!

Back