Anyone ordered the Focus Electric?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evguy

Hey, I just signed up for the Ford Focus Electric Forum, really contemplating preordering a 2012 Ford Focus Electric even though the price is higher than I had hoped. Anybody on this Focus Electric Forum order one yet?

I ordered my FFE on Saturday at VanBortel Ford in Victor, NY. According to them, mine was the 3rd order they taken. They didn't require a deposit. The MSRP for my car was $40990 (39,200 base +795 freight + $995 leather seats). VanBortel's price was $39,100 (37439 + 795+ 866). According to them, the first 1 or 2 they get will be dealership demo models. Mine will get here sometime in the first half of next year - I'm guessing sometime in May. By the way, VanBortel's price is their list price - it's a no-haggle price dealer. I know that when I bought my Escape Hybrid at VanBortel, they told me that they sell to people all around the country because they discount vehicles on which some dealers charge a premium over MSRP. New York has a bill pending in the state legislature to exemp EVs from sales tax. If it passed by I get mine, it will save me $2932.50 (7.5%), so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Cool - that's so exciting! I haven't been able to pull the trigger yet and actually order the Ford Focus Electric. I'm not sure about the price quite yet, but I love how it looks and I like the features/specs etc. That's why I'm on the Ford Focus Electric forum.

Back