No more Focus????

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that surprising actually, now that the production is moving to China, and will be heavily taxed by somebody in Washington. There goes that tiny profit margin. Thanks Oba... ( I mean...)

Pearl said:
Not that surprising actually, now that the production is moving to China, and will be heavily taxed by somebody in Washington. There goes that tiny profit margin. Thanks Oba... ( I mean...)

I don't think taxes is why Ford is axing these vehicles, it is because of the buying trends here in the US in favor of crossovers, SUVs and trucks. Heaven help us when (not if) gas prices go back up and people start wanting small cars again.

campfamily said:
Pearl said:

I don't think taxes is why Ford is axing these vehicles, it is because of the buying trends here in the US in favor of crossovers, SUVs and trucks. Heaven help us when (not if) gas prices go back up and people start wanting small cars again.

Already going up: getting close to $3/gal now.

I agree, however, it isn't taxes its industry trends (Chrysler has all but got out of the car business other than some niche cars from Dodge).

Ford has pretty much made only bad decisions once Allan Mullaly left and Hacket has just continued the bad decision making....

Not sure how I feel about that article. It says in 2 years from now; You will only find the mustang and focus in fords lineup?

Im not buying what their selling...The article that is...

HOLY SHIT

I retract my last statement:

http://money.cnn.com/2018/04/25/autos/ford-cars-north-america/index.html

jmueller065 said:
campfamily said:
Pearl said:

Already going up: getting close to $3/gal now.

Wish gas were that cheap....here in SoCal, I'm seeing $3.70-3.80 per gallon, over $4.00 if you need premium.

triangles said:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...1-5-billion-more-cuts-pulls-ahead-margin-goal Yep here's more confirmation. Looks like it's the end of the road for all Focus! A crossover carrying the focus name doesn't count. I wonder if Ford will go bankrupt next time gas prices spike and people stop buying their gas guzzlers.

The Focus crossover is a Focus, however. They just raised the suspension a little--it isn't a different design it is a Focus (The "Focus Active" was on stage during the new Focus reveal).

jmueller065 said:
The Focus crossover is a Focus, however. They just raised the suspension a little--it isn't a different design it is a Focus (The "Focus Active" was on stage during the new Focus reveal).
Interesting good to know. I'll have to look that up. Still if it's made in China I'm not interested. It's a pity really, I like Ford but by the time I go to buy another vehicle I doubt they will have anything I'd buy. In about 3-6 weeks I'll be adding another U.S. made car to my fleet and sometime later this year or early next year I'll be buying a Japanese vehicle since Ford has nothing I want to buy :(

campfamily said:
Wish gas were that cheap....here in SoCal, I'm seeing $3.70-3.80 per gallon, over $4.00 if you need premium.
WTF?!?!? really? Gas here is still under $2.50/gallon here. toledogasprices.com

Interesting. Does toyota have a problem selling camrys? Does huyndai have a problem selling elantras? My daughter works at a ford dealership and says they sell lots of fusions. Its kind of ironic that they are keeping the one nameplate that they spent the last 6 years destroying with the DCT issue. And now widely publicized as being made in china too. Good luck with that. And where is the ev? Dont they have to have one in order to be compliant? How will they maintain EPA fleet mpg minimums selling nothing but gas guzzlers? Hybrid mustang? Lol.

jmueller065 said:
triangles said:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...1-5-billion-more-cuts-pulls-ahead-margin-goal Yep here's more confirmation. Looks like it's the end of the road for all Focus! A crossover carrying the focus name doesn't count. I wonder if Ford will go bankrupt next time gas prices spike and people stop buying their gas guzzlers.

The Focus Active or a Subaru Crosstrek?
2rzz2g6.png

Carbuff said:
Interesting. Does toyota have a problem selling camrys? Does huyndai have a problem selling elantras? My daughter works at a ford dealership and says they sell lots of fusions. Its kind of ironic that they are keeping the one nameplate that they spent the last 6 years destroying with the DCT issue. And now widely publicized as being made in china too. Good luck with that. And where is the ev? Dont they have to have one in order to be compliant? How will they maintain EPA fleet mpg minimums selling nothing but gas guzzlers? Hybrid mustang? Lol.

Read an article that Hyundai and Kia sales are way down because of a lack of CUV/SUVs to sell. Similarly, GM is discontinuing the Impala, and (I think) the Sonic. Chrysler sales are way up this month/quarter, all riding on the Jeep.

Interesting also that this same trend is happening in Europe, despite high fuel prices. Manufacturers have gotten good at making fuel efficient crossovers, and folks are giving up driving dynamics in favor of higher seating position, more space inside, perceived improved versatility. Sad day when we won't be able to get a performance sedan any more.....

Keith

Pearl said:
2rzz2g6.png
:lol: Seriously Ford? So raise the ground clearance by an inch or two, add some roof rails and the Focus hatchback magically becomes a crossover? If I were in the market for such a beast I'd take the Subaru unless the Focus was way way cheaper. Mainly I don't want the crappy DCT trans that ford put in the ICE focus. Who wants to sped 4 figures every 20k miles getting new clutches? That's literally how long they last in my sister in law's focus and she by no means beats on it. A MTX version I would take more seriously.

triangles said:
Pearl said:
2rzz2g6.png
:lol: Seriously Ford? So raise the ground clearance by an inch or two, add some roof rails and the Focus hatchback magically becomes a crossover? If I were in the market for such a beast I'd take the Subaru unless the Focus was way way cheaper. Mainly I don't want the crappy DCT trans that ford put in the ICE focus. Who wants to sped 4 figures every 20k miles getting new clutches? That's literally how long they last in my sister in law's focus and she by no means beats on it. A MTX version I would take more seriously.

Don't know if the new Focus will have that transmission. For all we know it will be some other crappy thing--maybe a CVT like the one's in the 500's that failed left & right..!

All Subarus have the CVT now. I'm a little leery about them myself but they've been out since 2013 and don't seem to be a problem.

I'm not sure if this has already been talked about, but when they come out with the new Focus active, will there be an electric model?
It doesn't look like it online?

Back