New Focus Reveal today

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmueller065

You can watch the reveal live here:
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2019-ford-focus-livestream-reveal-how-to-watch/

(live at 11:00am Eastern)

Will there be a FFE? (I know there are a few Ford employees here who probably already know LOL)

My guess is: Even money. They are being built in China and China has been pushing hard for EVs...but this is Ford we're talking about here.

Bunch of pictures here. https://jalopnik.com/the-2019-ford-focus-actually-looks-really-good-1825139320 No mention of an Electric version.

I really like the wagon body style......

The new focus looks ok and all. But from what Ive read the car is being targeted at a more upscale market and will be priced as such. Its no longer the poor mans car anymore. I hope thats not the case as I think that idea will flop. Its already too expensive for what it is IMHO and nobody is gonna pay a premium for a vehicle with the focus nametag on it. Especially with all the transmission issues of the previous generation still looming over the focus name. Id love to get a used ice focus but would never do it due to the tranny issue.

Nope, no mention of an electric powertrain (hybrid, nor BEV). Only mentioned a Diesel and gas powerplant (aside from the passing mention during the intro about 20 new electrified models).

Looks like the FFE is no more (you could always hope that they simply add it later like they did for the "original" FFE).

campfamily said:
Carbuff said:
Id love to get a used ice focus but would never do it due to the tranny issue.

If you get one with a manual transmission, you won't have the tranny issue!!!

Yeah but then I will have to deal with the leg issue. My manual transmission days are over. Except for those summer drives in the camaro.

I drove an ICE Focus for a few years before the FFE. You get used to the transmission--especially if you've ever driven a manual as its just a computer shifted manual.

The wife, on the other hand, couldn't stand driving that car.

Back