My town has an FFE

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

So, my town has an FFE. I was sitting, eating at Wendys yesterday, looking out the window at the main road, watching the cars go by and I spot a white FFE just like mine. I can tell by the front fascia that its an FFE. Then I notice that its got a town of Brookhaven NY Logo on the door. I was like, What? So I go online and see that they purchased the car in January and plan on 6 more. Theyve got a bunch of Fusion Hybrids already. Is this common for localities to buy an ffe for their fleet? And who gets the tax credits and stuff?Anyone else live somewhere that theyve got electric official town cars?

Carbuff said:
So, my town has an FFE. I was sitting, eating at Wendys yesterday, looking out the window at the main road, watching the cars go by and I spot a white FFE just like mine. I can tell by the front fascia that its an FFE. Then I notice that its got a town of Brookhaven NY Logo on the door. I was like, What? So I go online and see that they purchased the car in January and plan on 6 more. Theyve got a bunch of Fusion Hybrids already. Is this common for localities to buy an ffe for their fleet? And who gets the tax credits and stuff?Anyone else live somewhere that theyve got electric official town cars?
No idea but, the city of Frederick, MD appears to have a couple Fusion Energi's that I always see plugged into an EVSE by one of the courthouse buildings.
I also saw in a nearby town, the sheriff's office had a couple Leaf's sitting around the lot charging.

Pretty smart!

I used to work for the TOB back when their HQ was on 112. I left shortly after they moved to Farmingville. I am glad to hear that they have made the plunge.

Brookhaven is a largely Republican-controlled Town, and the notion that they have EVs as part of their fleet speaks volumes.

I am now living in Sarasota, FL. Our county government as well as the City of Sarasota has many hybrid vehicles as part of their fleets, but I don't know if they have any BEVs. We also have 80% of our mass transit buses are hybrids (they are being phased in as older ones are replaced). Pinellas County to the north of us is getting battery-only buses, which is cool. Hopefully Sarasota will follow suit.

Apparently I have seen 2 other FFEs in the wild while driving around town here. Teslas and i3's are "me-too" cars, so my FFE is still fairly unique!

Back