300 mile BEV SUV by 2020?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas FFE

All right I've got my 2017 FFE and I love it. I don't really consider my 2017 a temporary car the way I did my 2013 but there are things that I wish I had that are not available on the 2017 FFE. Features like adaptive cruise control and lane departure warning would be nice and I would also like to have all-wheel-drive and some towing capacity so I can get rid of my gas SUV.

Ford has said that they're coming out with a 300 mile BEV SUV by 2020. I'm already obsessing over this announced vehicle. I'm already searching for every little scrap of information I can find on this 2020 BEV SUV.

There's gonna be other people out there obsessing over this vehicle the way I am. Do any of you knew of any forum dedicated to tracking information about this future BEV SUV? If there isn't one maybe we can get one started.

The slew of electric vehicles on the drawing board is AMAZING. I'm on the fence about purchasing or leasing a 2018 FFE. I've long held the belief that leases are a waste of money but the available discounts make leases super-cheap. Overall, that's another thread.

One of the other deciding factors is the number of EVs coming out guarantees I'll want a new car in 3 years! Realistically, at 6'4", I need a SUV. If there was an EV SUV or crossover on sale now I'd be on top of it. I don't think I'd buy a Ford EV Explorer, but I'd seriously consider a Ford EV Bronco.

Smoking_Rubber said:
The slew of electric vehicles on the drawing board is AMAZING. I'm on the fence about purchasing or leasing a 2018 FFE. I've long held the belief that leases are a waste of money but the available discounts make leases super-cheap. Overall, that's another thread.

One of the other deciding factors is the number of EVs coming out guarantees I'll want a new car in 3 years! Realistically, at 6'4", I need a SUV. If there was an EV SUV or crossover on sale now I'd be on top of it. I don't think I'd buy a Ford EV Explorer, but I'd seriously consider a Ford EV Bronco.
I really doubt it will be either an Explorer or Bronco.

Its far more likely that the 300 mile EV SUV will be much smaller, like the new "Ecosport" (https://www.ford.com/suvs/ecosport/). It would surprise me if they made an Escape EV (although that would be the sweet spot in the market and they'd sell them like hot dogs if they did).

I think it's too soon for anything to be out there yet. Plus with the recent management shakeup, some directions/details could change. Though I'm sure nothing major regarding this vehicle. I'm in the same boat of excitement though. I leased my 2017 FFE for 4 years, so I knew that the 300 mile EV would be out before it's up. A 3 year lease would have likely been just shy.

Based on the current popularity of SUVs, I'm sure there will be several "electrified" models over the next few years, but I'd bet this one will be the only BEV for a while though. I honestly don't think it will be any smaller than a C-MAX though.

Being a pessimist I speculate it will be an electric ecosport which is based on the fiesta :( Now an electric Bronco would be something to get excited about but I'd wager a fair sum of money that won't happen.

jmueller065 said:
Its far more likely that the 300 mile EV SUV will be much smaller, like the new "Ecosport" (https://www.ford.com/suvs/ecosport/). It would surprise me if they made an Escape EV (although that would be the sweet spot in the market and they'd sell them like hot dogs if they did).

With at least 75 kWh of battery capacity required to get 300 miles I think the Ecosport is going to be too small. I thinking something the size of the Escape is needed. I use to be unimpressed with the Escape but the current model has available Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Departure Warning, 4-wheel-drive and a tow rating up to 3,500 pounds, so I'm really hoping the new BEV SUV is developed around the Escape.

Back