2018 FFE

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
awefulspeller said:
Anyone hear anything about the 2018 FFE?
no except I was told that 2017 is all allocated so it would be December delivery for a 2018 FFE....

I sold my '16FFE a month ago with the expectation of the '17 arriving about now just to be told there was not allocation
to our region

Fed up so to speak...glad I got the Tesla X with the supercharger and service center a few minutes from me.

Also keep in mind that the Focus plant here in MI (where the FFE is being built) will soon be making Rangers and Bronco's.

The FFE's days are numbered..

(Ford did announce that they were moving Focus production to Mexico..not sure if that plan is still on or not and if they will still be making FFE's after the move since their supposed 300 mile EV SUV will be getting closer at that point as well.)

Aside from the big announcement of the new colour (Outrageous Green) a couple of months ago, just this brochure.

It appears that the only change from 2017 is the colour selection.

http://www.fleet.ford.com/resources/ford/general/pdf/brochures/2018/2018_FocusElectric.pdf

ghiebert said:
Aside from the big announcement of the new colour (Outrageous Green) a couple of months ago, just this brochure.

It appears that the only change from 2017 is the colour selection.

http://www.fleet.ford.com/resources/ford/general/pdf/brochures/2018/2018_FocusElectric.pdf

Looks like they are eliminating the blue colors for 2018...

Just read that the Ford Focus is now to be built in China instead of Mexico or the US. Probably something about Ford selling a million cars in China and the Chinese really wanting to concentrate on EVs...

There were rumblings about 200 mile range? I'd be happy with 150 to 160. I think that's reasonable. When do you guys expect that information to leak?

What's the consensus on the new green? It's starting to grow on me but I'm worried it's too "mexican green" (I have nothing but love for my brown brothers). I'm worried I'll order it sight-unseen then not like it when it arrives. What to do?

merkurmaniac said:
Just read that the Ford Focus is now to be built in China instead of Mexico or the US. Probably something about Ford selling a million cars in China and the Chinese really wanting to concentrate on EVs...
Ford said they will be producing their electrified vehicles at the Flat Rock, Mi plant. Hopefully that means the FFE too. I wouldn't buy a Chinese car even if it has the blue oval on it. So the only potential vehicle purchase I see from Ford within the next few years would be the Bronco. That would be kind of ironic that is will be made at the same plant my FFE was made at. If Ford lays a turd with the Bronco then I'll probably be looking at a Toyota 4runner or Subaru Forrester. I'd prefer something EV but don't foresee any comparable EVs to the previously mentioned vehicles available by the time I'm ready to buy.

Back