Where is the 2017 Focus Electric???

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas FFE

I heard a couple of months ago that the 2017 FFE started production but there still aren't any for sale. I talked to my local dealer and he told me that there aren't any 2017 FFEs on the assembly line or in transit in his tracking system. Does anyone have any idea what's going on with production of the 2017 FFE?

I was able to "order" one a few days ago...everything seemed included
I added extra paint and leather ($1400) and was in the low 27k price after some ongoing rebates and 0% APR 48 months.

at this time I think this is just a dealer allocation and could take many months to receive.

At least they are taking orders which is progress as compared to last month.

I've been searching across the south-eastern part of the country, and there aren't any in dealerships. I asked a dealer to do a search yesterday, and they were able to corroborate what I'd seen, save for one FFE '17 that was being built for delivery to Tallahassee in three or four weeks. (They did find 3 2016s, however, still available.)

It appears that right now, if you have one built, you'll get it in a couple months. No telling when or if you can expect to actually see one sitting in a dealer's lot.

Mine is on order. Did it at the end of November, actually.

Delivery is set for sometime late Feb. No units will come sooner than that.

In December, my dealer told me the 2017 I've got reserved has been built and is awaiting delivery. I'll update when I know more (it should be any day now)

Any News? I spoke with a dealer saying there's one on the way. No set dates, could be several weeks.

What are people hearing on residuals and incentives. So far On 36 months and 12K miles 33% residual and $10,250 incentives ansd $1000 lease loyalty cash. Interest rate of 2.1% Branford Ford has 3 on order. Nothing else has hit the ground yet. The cars have hit floorplan so dealers are paying or soon to be paying interest.

I just called. Mine's still at the factory (hasn't been shipped yet). We're not sure what cars are coming to the Toronto Auto show yet.

They did tell me that they're putting the 0% and -$3500 on the price of the 2017's

So the car's going to be another smoking deal. I don't know when the Bolt'a will hit the CDN market. Looks like the FFE will be the value leader for a good 6 months until the Bolt drops.

For those in NY state, legislature has passed a law to offer up to $2000 rebate "point of sale" for EV and plug-ins, and a sales tax exemption. NYSEDRA is in charge of implementing the plan and forms etc and have to get it done likely by the budget deadline of April 1st 2017. For the Focus that represents a savings of $3700 approx. It is not retroactive. So I'm delaying my leasing a new focus and will extend my current lease.

Lithium, you might want to read the rebate carefully. Those usually apply to purchase, not leases. The leasing company gets the credit or advantage and they rarely pass along the exact savings. You might see a reduction in the capital cost for the lease, but that isn't always the case.

That's the way it works for the federal $3500 tax credit. I live in Illinois, and when they had a rebate it was strictly for purchases (rebate was put on hold, then reopened, and then eliminated). When I leased my previous car, they never applied the $4000 from Illinois to the transaction.

Autotrader has a couple of 2017 models listed but with pictures of 2016 models. I called one of the dealers and he told me that the 2017 models showed in transit in his database. Maybe we will see 2017 models showing up on dealer lots in the next week or so.

My local dealer told me that if order through Ford your order will get processed and they currently accepting 2017 FFE orders. So you don't have to wait for the FFE to show up on dealer lots in your state before you can order one. It will probably take two to three months for delivery if you order an FFE.

My 2017 is still not sent yet (confirmed by Dealer call yesterday), but Ontario (Canada) just released their 2017 EV incentives....

$14,000 off the FFE.

Ford still has the 0% lease or financing as well.

Brings the FFE down to $22,000 CAN to PURCHASE (roughly $16,800 USD) out the door, all taxes and such included.
My 2017 has leather and the red paint so it will be a few grand more. That's about a grand or two more than what I leased my '16 at six months ago.
But that is one heckuva deal right there!

Jamez said:
My 2017 is still not sent yet (confirmed by Dealer call yesterday), but Ontario (Canada) just released their 2017 EV incentives....

$14,000 off the FFE.

Ford still has the 0% lease or financing as well.

Brings the FFE down to $22,000 CAN to PURCHASE (roughly $16,800 USD) out the door, all taxes and such included.
My 2017 has leather and the red paint so it will be a few grand more. That's about a grand or two more than what I leased my '16 at six months ago.
But that is one heckuva deal right there!

I have purchased my FFE 2017 last month and the finance rate was at 1.99%/72months.
I have double check today and there is no option to finance at 0% in Quebec or Ontario. My dealership told me that I should expect to receive my car in March.

joeyfraser said:
I have purchased my FFE 2017 last month and the finance rate was at 1.99%/72months.
I have double check today and there is no option to finance at 0% in Quebec or Ontario. My dealership told me that I should expect to receive my car in March.

It's on the 48 month options, not the 72 month, confirmed a minute ago (I have pics, but can't seem to upload them)

Jamez said:
joeyfraser said:

It's on the 48 month options, not the 72 month, confirmed a minute ago (I have pics, but can't seem to upload them)

Oh you are correct. I did not notice when I bought my car the first week of January. I was looking to finance on 60 or 72 months.

Speaking with my dealer, I can commit under the current "deals" and then when the car comes in, I can choose a new deal if it's better. I'd talk to the dealer and see if you can get the better choice of what you had when you ordered or what will be available when you actually get the car delivered.

The Rebates in NY state has nothing to do with the Fed US rebate of $7500. I know it goes to the purchaser and if it's a lease, you are not the purchaser. I'm waiting to commit to a new lease when these State rebates come to pass. Could be by April.

I'm seriously thinking that something is up...

Not only are the 2017's STILL not around, but I have a feeling they're waiting until April to get them to the dealers (it was built in December FFS).

Time to start the conspiracy theories... Mine is that there's some reason Hyundai and Ford are waiting until Second Quarter 2017 to release the cars to the market. Could it be EPA ratings or something? I think there are "political" reasons somewhere (not literal politics, but there's gotta be a reason for the delay)

Either way, I'm no longer looking for the 2017 FFE, and will not proceed with the purchase.

From this point I'm going to enjoy my 2016 until the lease is up and let it go at the end for whatever is new at the time. I love the 2016 FFE, but as expected the market has moved on and there are better things out there for the same price. I guess you could say my "brand loyalty" had a 90 day limitation.

My guess is that it isn't political but technical: Perhaps in testing Ford found something that needed some extra work.

My reasoning: I can't see Ford letting sit a bunch of cars that have been built and have buyers waiting for them unless there is something wrong with them. If you've ever been to a plant and have felt the urgency to ship cars (it really is palpable being there). The idea of letting cars sit is just anathema to them.

Back