MFM not reporting range after new modem installed

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkbrand

My 2014 was updated this week with a new modem. Since then, however, MFM shows
the percentage of charge increasing, but the range always shows 28. When it's fully charged, MFM still reports
28. The car's GOM seems unaffected and shows a realistic range at startup. The MFM reporting is via my laptop and
android phone app, which would seem to point to MFM itself. Anyone experience this, and what can I do to fix the anomaly??

I had to delete my accounts, my mobile apps, and start from scratch. Lost my history, but everything works now so I consider it a win :)

Just had my modem replaced and the mileage is stuck at 51 on the app and on the MyFord Mobile website. I took it back to the dealer and asked them to fix it. We will see what happens and I will update you...

I had no change in MFM after the modem was replaced. However, I did find my second key totally dead after the procedure. I replaced the battery (two different new batteries), though it worked just a few days before the modem replacement -- no dice. The keyfob is completely dead, and opening the door with the physical key sets the alarm off.

So, here we sit at the Ford house again to see what the deal is.

same here. Did a reset from my dash and deleted my car from the app. It took two days of confirmation from the car and then it started working again on the 3rd day and it has been fine since. Seems like the mileage number just sticks to what it was when the modem was replaced...mine was stuck on 33. Did not lose any history in my account.

Well, the dealer :evil: , has given up. They put new modems in my Focus Electric and our Fusion Energi and have wiped their hands and said there is nothing more they can do.

Once again, the dealer has let me down and told me to contact Ford. Well, it was worth a shot. I really do not think the dealer has a clue, and since there is no money in it for them, they just point me to the manufacturer.

Looks like I will take matters into my own hands and start trying things that other members have tried to make things work.

Wish I had better news to report...

I contacted customer service to document my problem with mileage being stuck at "28" after the modem upgrade. They assigned a case number and gave me a couple things to try (like removing and replacing a fuse, but no relief. I let them know that didn't work, and I received another e-mail indicating they were forwarding my issue to another department. That was last week, and I'm still awaiting a response from the "new" department.

jkbrand said:
I contacted customer service to document my problem with mileage being stuck at "28" after the modem upgrade.
Did you try deleting the car from the app and starting over, like Robert123 and ulrich did?

Oh another nightmare memory JKbrand, working with Ford software people. You will end up frustrated - oh it will be ugly. I seem to recall talking to somebody 15 times over the course of months. Be prepared - there will be somebody from customer support (not technical) that will call and ask if your problem is resolved. They won't be any help, they are just making sure you were helped. If the problem isn't resolved, they can't help you. They only make a note in their little book that you weren't helped. Nothing else happens with that, they just ask. So they aren't help, they try to help the helpers.

Try the delete and replace before you have the same nightmares I have.

Mine is stuck on 63 miles remaining, has been since the modem replacement. Since everything else is working fine, and I don't use the range remaining shown on the app for anything useful, I've just decided to leave it alone.....a bit irritating, but not worth messing with.

campfamily said:
Mine is stuck on 63 miles remaining, has been since the modem replacement. Since everything else is working fine, and I don't use the range remaining shown on the app for anything useful, I've just decided to leave it alone.....a bit irritating, but not worth messing with.
But, is every other feature of MFM working, like notifications (fully charged, etc.), remote locking/starting, trip planning, car finder, etc.?

WattsUp said:
campfamily said:
But, is every other feature of MFM working, like notifications (fully charged, etc.), remote locking/starting, trip planning, car finder, etc.?

Yep.....(haven't needed or tried trip planning, but everything else is yes)

Since modem replacement, I am seeing same problem on the MFM app as well as web site. Total range is stuck at 72 no matter how much capacity remains in the battery.

focussed said:
Since modem replacement, I am seeing same problem on the MFM app as well as web site. Total range is stuck at 72 no matter how much capacity remains in the battery.
Is anything else updating? Like the car's position in the Car Finder, or charge and trip activity in the Log?

That is, do you see any evidence that the car is actually communicating with MFM?

My key issue resolved, but on Jan 4, MFM lost connection to the car entirely. I verified that 'update' from the mobile app AND the website worked fine after the modem was replaced. When I drive, the black message box pops up telling me MFM is active.

I've gone through the reset procedure twice, but the MFM system doesn't appear to talk to the car at all. I loathe the next step. . . back to the dealer.

Did you try deleting ALL your accounts? and then setting them back up again? I did that as well as a fresh reset on the car. I also had to reacknowledge the "take control" of the car at the FFE itself. Fixed all my issues. Like I said before, I lost my history by who really cares lol.

P.S. I did a SYNC2 update in there as well :)

Yeah, deleted all accounts, did the master reset in the car. Is there another place to reset something?

Waited a day, then re-setup an account and tried to setup MFM again. It gets to the validation step but the car never seems to get the message.

That sounds like the darn modem isn't even communicating.

Duh - That's what you've been saying. I wasn't "listening" very well. Sure does sound like yet another trip to the dealer :cry:

Just had the new modem installed.

Everything is working perfectly.
MyFord is now working, etc.

The Sync3 software is 1.00.

I am going to try to update the software.
Please wish me luck

Just wanted to update everyone on the status of my original post.

Ford sent me an e-mail today indicating they have resolved the problem. They asked me to confirm by logging onto MFM. I did, and in fact, the problem has been fixed. (Must have been code on their end unless they somehow updated the car remotely.

So, some experiences with Ford service turn out OK.

For those who haven't checked in with MFM to see if their number is still "stuck,"
you might want to try today.....

Back