Fleet of FFEs spotted

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmueller065

Well ok I saw 3 LOL

All Manufacturer plates, all driving the highway between Dearborn and the plant.

I'm guessing it was some engineers road-testing the new 2017's with the 100 mile battery.

Jamez said:
Wow, too bad no footage to see them!
It wasn't that exciting: 3 FFE's driving down the highway (other than seeing 3 FFE's out in the wild together LOL).

They looked pretty normal the only thing that stood out was the "Electric" emblem on the side and the Manufacturer license plates.

I didn't think to grab my phone, but didn't really notice that they were FFE's until we had already passed the middle one and I picked up the "Electric" on the driver's door out of the corner of my eye.

If I EVER see an FFE in the wild I'd geek out. Way too rare in my parts.

It's only happened once, a few weeks ago. I got the camera out and took some lurking shots whilst they were charging. Never saw the owners.

I freak out whenever I see one around here.

There is a TB one that lives near me, though I have yet to figure out exactly where he lives. I've driven past him 3-4 times. There used to be a blue one but my dealer said it moved to Chicago. I haven't seen any others.

Yeah 3 does qualify as a "Fleet!" :lol: Besides the one that the University of Toledo owns that I always see parked, I've only seen two in the wild. One was a candy blue just like mine (might have been jmueller065 or his coworker if they ever ventured down to Toledo in theirs) and the other was white IIRC and it was at the public charge station downtown. I never thought I'd see two FFE's charging next to each other in Toledo.

triangles said:
might have been jmueller065 or his coworker if they ever ventured down to Toledo in theirs
Alas no it wasn't mine; it never made it that far South. The family was never very interested in doing any long drives with it. I'm pretty sure it wasn't my coworkers either as his (like mine) was mostly used for his commute.

Now that we've both switched over to C-Max Energie's those two cars could be anywhere now (thankfully we got different color C-Maxes this time! LOL).

Back