Can't wait for the Ford Focus Electric

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

focusbev

As time grows nearer to Ford's end of 2011 release of the Ford Focus Electric in some parts of the country, I am definitely getting anxious to see it and hear some hard facts about it!

If the Ford Focus Electric doesn't pan out I had always thought of going to a luxury electric vehicle like the Fiskar Karma or the Tesla. Sadly, Ferrari has said 'You will never see a Ferrari Electric because I don't believe in electric cars'.

Ferrari does however believe in hybrid cars, and are planning a 200mph top speed hybrid model based on the 599 model, scheduling release for 2015. Wow.
Ferrari-HY-KERS_thumb.jpg

I heard that there was a Ford Focus Electric tour going around the country showing off the 2012 Ford Focus Electric?
I searched online but couldn't find a list of cities the tour would stop in.

I would also like to the see the 2012 Ford Focus Electric up close sometime soon! I live in Oregon, and since Portland is on the list, I'm thinking Ford would bring the Electric Tour through the city.

The 'Ford Electric Tour' does not have a FFE on display; only a normal Focus with a fake charge port.

One of the vehicle handlers even scolded students and media not to touch what turned out to be a fake door to a charging port because they were messing up the Velcro and tape holding it in place

http://www.mlive.com/business/west-michigan/index.ssf/2011/09/ford_motor_co_brings_dont_touc.html

Back