LG chem and the rumor mill

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffand

I found this interesting article about LG chemical manufacturing expansion.
They mention a forth battery production line coming on line for an undisclosed customer.
http://insideevs.com/lg-chems-mystery-automotive-customer/
Some think this customer could be Ford.
Ford kept a tight lid on the GT before it was unveiled at the Detroit auto show.
After reading the article I would like to hear your thoughts.
I think since the new Volt has been released Ford needs to update the C-max, and Fusion. With the Bolt and Leaf Version 2.0 on the horizon Ford will need to do something soon.

jeffand said:
I think since the new Volt has been released Ford needs to update the C-max, and Fusion. With the Bolt and LEAF Version 2.0 on the horizon Ford will need to do something soon.
I agree; there are other signs Ford is working on something (browse through Ford's "help wanted" ads and you'll find that they are looking for quite a few people with electric powertrain experience--both hybrid and BEV). The wanted ads, the FFE commercial, showing a CCS FFE at CES, etc. show there is a glimmer of hope that Ford is doing something.

I'm also a little pessimistic given that there have been no overt signs from Ford that they are doing anything (granted the Bolt was pretty much a surprise when Chevy unveiled it as well).

Back