Ford Focus EV still pre production?!

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klaus

I know Ford has been quiet on details about the Focus Electric, but this guy from the Huffington Post was at the Plug In 2011 conference in Releigh NC.

He saw the Ford Focus Electric on display, and said this:
In the pure electric car category, the Mitsubishi I and the Nissan Leaf have more limited ranges of circa 60-100 miles before they need battery charges that can take four to eight hours. Ford exhibited their Focus Electric, but the packaging of the car on display at Plug-In 2011 made it clear that it was still a pre-production/prototype.

This makes me severely doubt whether Ford will be able to stick to their promise of late 2011 delivery. We might be waiting a lot longer for the 2012 Ford Focus Electric than any of us want to!

I saw the live chat session with 2 of their engineers last Thursday & while I didn't learn much even though there were many good questions it was clear that Ford is going ahead full tilt boogie :D

Did Ford answer the questions? Or did they avoid giving out any more info?

The way you worded it sounded like they were avoiding questions...

Oh Ford answered questions but it was obvious they were all lawyer ed up, they are playing their cards *close* to their vest on this one IMO

That's too bad - I would've loved some new information about the Ford Focus Electric - I almost wonder why they don't keep releasing juicy tidbits just to keep the masses interested? Maybe consumers will start losing interest and buy a different electric vehicle!?

Back