Washington State may have the first Electric Highway

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamer

With the coming of more electric vehicles in the next 18 months, the Ford Focus Electric being the most exciting, Washington state transportation officials announced on Thursday that they are partnering with AeroVironment to install quick chargers along the whole stretch of the I5.

This would allow anyone along the corridor to travel from Oregon to Canada stopping at the stations for quick charges along the way. This is especially exciting since I live in the Seattle area and have family in Oregon and Canada.

The electric highway should be completed by November - probably before the 2012 Ford Focus Electric is available!

Wow - that's great! I live in Washington State as well. Now if only we knew when the Ford Focus Electric will be available...

I wonder how often there will be a charging station? Will they put one every 50 miles? Or every 100 miles? Will the frequency of charging stations be based on the range of upcoming electric vehicles like the Ford Focus EV, or will it be based on the range of existing electric vehicles like the Nissan Leaf and Tesla Roadster?

Back