Where have these people been?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

california

Why are people surprised about the Ford Focus Electric? Where have they been, under a rock?

Here's a news article posted today titled Ford Unveils its first All Electric Car - yes, Ford unveiled the Focus EV months ago!

Nonetheless, the article does have some interesting stuff about a tour of the Dearborn Michigan plant last month.

Ford Unveils Its First All-Electric Car

True, it's old news but to be honest, Ford hasn't updated ANYTHING on when, how much, equipment levels, etc. so these rehashed stories are the only thing we're seeing. It almost looks like the Mitsu MiEV may beat the Focus EV to Chicago and either may beat the LEAF so it's still wide open -- I have seen and out-of-state Volt and even an IL registered Th!nk (due to being even more rare with the recent bankruptcy announcement) so time will tell. I wasn't really impressed with the MiEV (saw it at the Chicago Auto Show) but I think it was the Japanses market version (quite narrow and tall, 3-lug wheels, etc.) -- it they offer the lower range models they may however do well here. At this point any more press on the Focus EV will hopefully stir up more interest.

Back