MyFord Problems could affect the Ford Focus Electric

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fordfocuselectric

As car companies step farther into the future, more and more technology is integrated right into the vehicle. What started as a box on wheels used purely for transportation has turned into a personal computer responsible for navigation, entertainment and getting it's cargo to the destination.

Ford has taken leaps and bounds in the past few years with it's technology, and that's lead Ford to quadruple it's Connected Services technology staff. This fast growth has also lead to a large number of complaints - most of which are with the MyFord system... the same system that will be in the 2012 Ford Focus Electric. The MyFord system uses voice recognition to control a large amount of functions. When utilized in the Ford Focus Electric, the driver will be able to change radio stations and perhaps even select the driving mode for the electric motor.

Would it concern you if the MyFord system was buggy? It sounds like it could be more of a distraction in the Ford Focus Electric than a help.

To read more on the issues people are having with the MyFord Touch system, visit http://www.bnet.com/blog/electric-c...-a-bigger-problem-than-most-people-think/4541

hopefully most MFT (my ford touch) bugs will be ironed out by the time the Focus electric hits the streets :ugeek:

I'd hope so too! I guess the Focus Electric would be under warranty long enough that at least any major bugs should be covered by Ford and not out of pocket expenses - that's assuming a bug doesn't cause the electric power steering to stop working at just the wrong time!

Back