Ford C-Max will be in a hybrid only form

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fordfocuselectric

Originally Ford had planned to produce the Ford Cmax in 3 versions - gasoline, hybrid, and a full electric version called the Cmax Energi.

Ford has since changed it's mind and will only be making the Cmax Hybrid and Cmax Energi vehicles in the US.
The Cmax will be built on the global C platform just like the Ford Focus Electric and will share many of the same drivetrain parts as the Ford Focus Electric.

The Cmax Energi will provide room for 5 passengers and more cargo than the Ford Focus EV and will be available in 2013 if everything goes according to plan.

http://www.insideline.com/ford/c-max/2013/2013-ford-c-max-will-be-hybrid-only-in-us.html

So much for the 7 seat version....too bad. Does not look like from the specs that it will have sliding passenger doors as well. Anyone know for sure?

That stinks - I was looking forward to a 7 seat Cmax Energi. When will someone come out with an electric minivan? Why would I buy a 5 seat Cmax when I could get a Ford Focus Electric for probably less money that should have a better range...

Ford does not need to compete with Prius. However, many see that the Ford C-Max is a worthy competitor to the Prius for domination of the U.S. green car market. Although it has been available since 2003 in Europe, it is just now coming to America, and getting some very good updates, too.

Back