2015 FFE Paint colors?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triangles

I see they will be offering it in red from promo pictures but have they announced yet what colors options they are going to have for the 2015's?

jachady said:
The new colors are :

Ruby Red
Magnetic
Tectonic Silver
Performance Blue

Does Tectonic Silver replace the current Silver color?
Does Performance Blue replace the current Candy Blue color?

hybridbear said:
My wife won't be sad to hear that "the old man color", Ice Storm, is eliminated.

HA! I was actually glad when Ford chose to discontinue the Frosted Glass color for 2013, as that made my SEL (an option also discontinued) a one year color option. A bit more unique that way. (but now I see at least three other FG focus in my small town!!) When I started looking for the FFE, I wanted to stay with the 'old man' green! I was lucky to find one up in Indiana for sale and traded for it. I thought the ice storm color was a bit too pale.

Funny - most people I show my car to just don't get why I bought an electric car, ... but they all love the color,... -I guess I'll just have to accept that I live in an 'old man' community :shock: . [I was doubtful about the color before it leased it, but it's grown on me partly because of the uniqueness, partly its coolness - 100% better than frosted glass].

GladeStorm said:
Funny - most people I show my car to just don't get why I bought an electric car, ... but they all love the color,... -I guess I'll just have to accept that I live in an 'old man' community :shock: . [I was doubtful about the color before it leased it, but it's grown on me partly because of the uniqueness, partly its coolness - 100% better than frosted glass].
My parents, who are pushing 70, both liked Ice Storm as the color of choice when ordering their C-Max Energi. They looked at the swatches in the brochure, the graphics online, photos online and vehicles on the lot at the dealer and they both chose Ice Storm as their first choice. Every time my wife & I see another C-Max, Fusion or Focus Electric in Ice Storm we look and it's almost always someone 55+ driving the car. The Prius has a similar color which is also almost always driven by someone 55+. That's why she calls it an old man color. I don't mind it. My first choice would have been Tuxedo Black, but we didn't exactly have a choice of colors. My first choice for the Fusion would have been either Tuxedo Black or Sterling Gray. I think the Fusion looks positively elegant in Sterling Gray. I think the Focus Electric looks the most sporty in Tuxedo Black. The Fusion looks pretty good in white, but I don't like paying for a premium paint color.

Funny: my father (in his 70s) had an Ice Storm Focus ICE before he picked up his C-Max (Red).

Personally if the entirety of Ford's palette was available for the FFE I'd pick "Sunset". I just love that red/orange look--its just gorgeous on my wife's Escape and on some Fusions I see driving around. I had a '98 Ranger that was "Autumn Orange" with black trim--no chrome that turned many heads.

Wow, looked just like this guy:
c85a932e42bd9a2012485212fe0ec2afx.jpg

Magnetic is a dark grey, Tectonic Silver is a cross between Silver and Old Man Tan. The only 2014 color being eliminated is the Ice Storm, Ingot Silver and Blue Candy are still available.

jachady said:
Magnetic is a dark grey, Tectonic Silver is a cross between Silver and Old Man Tan. The only 2014 color being eliminated is the Ice Storm, Ingot Silver and Blue Candy are still available.
How will the new "Performance Blue" compare to Blue Candy?

NightHawk said:
How will the new "Performance Blue" compare to Blue Candy?
If you build up an ICE Focus on the Ford website you can see some difference between Performance Blue (darker almost purple looking) & Blue Candy.
Or look here: performance blue:
79834819.jpg

For comparison here is my FFE (Blue Candy):
charging2.jpg

LOL Kind of hard to tell but my Blue Candy one is a bit "paler".

Just yesterday I read an e-mail from a cranky customer who blasted two of our engineering decisions: one as being obviously done by young engineers who don't have enough experience to know better, and the other as obviously done by somebody too old and set in his ways to use a new technology.

Both decisions were mine.

I wonder if my Ice Storm Metallic car has something to do with it ?

Back