Energized to drive electric

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fordfocuselectric

With the Ford Focus Electric due in select markets by the end of 2011, it pays to know who the competing vehicles and manufacturers will be.
This graphic also show how long it would take to recoup the cost difference of buying the Electric Ford Focus versus a normal gasoline powered vehicle.

electriccars2011.jpg

One follow up comment -- they should add a $5.00 /gal price comparison column as that appears where we are headed, note that the copyright was 2011 but we haven't seen $3.00/gal gas since just about the end of 2010 (reference gasbuddy.com but I'm sure there are others) here in Chicago I saw $4.19/gal for regular already. Buying an EV may or may not save you initially but that appears to be a main factor in many people's minds. I'm sure over in Europe where gas prices are much higher you'll see a much quicker payoff (even in Japan where the average was $6.69/gal on 3/9/11). I think we are all anticipating the sell price for the Focus EV -- hopefully on par with the LEAF.

Where did they get the price for the Volt? Unless I totally missed something it should be listed at 41k+

Back