Ford Chasing Nissan and Chevy

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redEV

Could be a bit of a rehash, but a few new tidbits; seems to have been a bit of no news lately on the Focus EV so this was good to see ...

http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...ng-nissan-and-chevy-rolling-out-focus-ev.aspx

This other link paraphrases the first and adds an EV2 ? photo that I haven't seen before ... look at those rear tailights as well as the different front fascia (must be test mules?)

http://www.xconomy.com/san-diego/20...-out-focus-ev-in-san-diego-other-key-markets/

Ford-Focus-EV-2.jpg

Ford-Focus-EV1.jpg

It looks to me like those pictures of are a 2010 Ford Focus - the european model, not the North American model. It probably was a test mule for the Ford Focus Electric.... and now since the 2011 Ford Focus is built on the global c platform, they all look the same (same as the Ford Focus Electric will look when it eventually gets here).

Interesting note: the taillights and grill on that Ford Focus Electric are the same as the Focus Electric Jay Leno had for his electric car challenge on his show...

jay-leno-ford-focus.jpg

klaus said:
Interesting note: the taillights and grill on that Ford Focus Electric are the same as the Focus Electric Jay Leno had for his electric car challenge on his show...

jay-leno-ford-focus.jpg

That's why I love these forums --- I check the 'Jay's Garage' site from time to time but missed this one, also I kinda figured it was a test mule but definitely the EV (electric plug graphics give it away); a 2010 Euro version being used for this make sense.

Interesting snippet from page 3 of that article on the Ford Focus Electric and how Ford uses it's economies of scale to their advantage. Apparently Ford is selling 2.6 million Focus vehicels around the world annually!

One way Ford is trying to set themselves apart from the rest of the Electric Vehicle competition is by developing and deploying it's own chargning infrastructure. I think people need to work together on things like charging infrastructure, but from a business point of view I guess that doesn't make sense.

“The charging station industry is quickly and rapidly evolving,” Tinskey says. “One of the things that we’re seeing, just like you should see in any technology, is that faster and faster charging is going to be attractive.”

Back