Microsoft shift Hohm's will focus on charging the Ford Focus

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fordfocuselectric

Speaking at the Fortune Brainstorm Green conference in California Tuesday, Rob Bernard, who spoke at the Fortune Brainstorm Green conference, is Microsoft's chief environmental strategist. Rob said Microsoft is focusing Hohm to work with the Ford Focus Electric to manage electric-vehicle charging at home.

Hohm was designed to help consumers watch how much electricity they were using at home in order to help them become more energy conscience and efficient. The Hohm launched 2 years ago and has only signed up 10 utilities so far.

Microsoft will continue to offer Hohm to consumers and utilities. Rob stated that the electric car angle might be a better angle for Hohm. It would be repurposed and would help Ford Focus Electric owners charge their vehicles during cheaper, off-peak hours.

Great. I can look forward to periodic upgrades and format changes that will make both my house and my car inoperable.

Having Windows affiliated people fiddle with my car makes me more inclined to buy the LEAF.

Ha! That's awesome... on the one hand I thought 'Oh thats cool, my Ford Focus Electric will integrate nicely with a home computer' and then I read your post and I actually laughed out loud :lol:

Back