$6,000 Cash Back on 2014 Focus Electric

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bloggin

Has anyone checked the Ford website lately?

Ford is now offering $6,000 Cash Back plus 0% Financing on the 2014 Focus Electric in major markets.

This brings the net price down from $34,995 to $29,995.($22,495 after tax credit, and just $19,995 after CA $2,500 incentive)

At $29,830 the base Leaf S with 3.3kWh onboard charger and no navigation, is now just $165 less than a loaded Focus Electric.

And at $32,850 the better equipped Leaf SV is now $2,855 MORE than the 2014 Focus Electric.

The lease remains the same at $229/mo with $2,169 down that already has $10,750 Cash Back attached(Ford gets to take the $7,500 tax credit).

But with the sales price dropping by $6,000, it's expected that the lease price should drop also to match or below the $199/mo with $1999 down of the base Leaf S.

Focus Electric sales have had a small increase from Oct, Nov and Dec. But with this new price drop, it's expected sales should at least double, even without nationwide marketing.

Its even better than that, offer for purchasing an FFE is:
0% financing for 60 months PLUS $6000 cash back!

In addition, they are showing $166/month lease rates on the website!
($3600 down, 10,500 miles/year, $10,750 incentives).

From what I can tell, the leases haven't changed (yet) from what was being advertised on the website last month when I was considering adding a 2nd FFE to the fleet at $0 down, $266/mo, 10.5K/mo for 36 mo.

Reading the fine print on the 10.5K/yr 36-month lease and using Ford.com's lease payment estimator, the $266/mo, $229/mo and $166/mo deals are pretty much equivalent; they all end up in shelling out abut the same amount of $$$ over 36 months.

With $0 down, the terms are $266/mo+tax, $911+tax/title/reg due at signing. Total over 36 mo before tax/title/reg = $911+ $266*35 = $10221
With $3600 down, the terms are $166/mo+tax, $4411+tax/title/reg due at signing. Total over 36 mo before tax/title/reg = $4411 + $166*35 = $10221

With $2169 down, the terms are $209/mo+tax, $3020+tax/title/reg due at signing. Total over 36 mo before tax/title/reg = $3020+ $209*35 = $10335
With $1294 down, the terms are $230/mo+tax, $2169+tax/title/reg due at signing. Total over 36 mo before tax/title/reg = $3020+ $230*35 = $10219

So, unless the way the residual values are calculated have been changed between last month and this month (not shown on the website), the lease deals remain untouched.

Still seems like a pretty good deal to me. What I find interesting is: Its not like there are a ton of these sitting around dealer lots that they want to sell before the next model year--the FFE is pretty much made to order. So the $6k off a purchase with 0% would indicate that they do want to sell a few...may be even make it to 200/month??

It does look like Ford is gearing up to be able to compete with the Focus Electric.

And as we have seen with pricing for the Focus Electric and Fusion Energi so far, the pattern has been offer a Cash Back incentive, then roll that into the next model year MSRP. The C-MAX Energi has a $3,000 Cash Back incentive that should roll to a new lower MSRP at it's 2015 refresh also. Bringing it from $33,745 to $30,745 that includes destination.

Bringing the Focus Electric down to $29,995 makes sense, as the expected 25EV mile 2015 Focus Energi is reported to be $27,995, which should come with a lease better than the Focus Electric.

mbrand said:
how can I find out if this $6K incentive is available in my state of PA?

Thanks,
Mike

It looks like it's only the 0% that's available in PA on the website based on the 19102 zip code. BUT, dealers should be able to offer it anywhere. I would just ask for it locally.

Here is the link to the Ford site so you can put in your zip code.

http://www.ford.com/cars/focus/incentives/

mbrand said:
how can I find out if this $6K incentive is available in my state of PA?

Thanks,
Mike

Where are you at in PA? I just leased near Pittsburgh and had a good dealer experience. I'd be happy to refer my salesperson. I went with the 10,750 off lease and they worked me a nice deal.

I am in Philly 19128. The $6K cash back is not avail in PA, so says a ford dealer I talked to. I don't get it. Also, no FFE at the Phila, car show???

mbrand said:
I am in Philly 19128. The $6K cash back is not avail in PA, so says a ford dealer I talked to. I don't get it. Also, no FFE at the Phila, car show???
Ford is most likely only offering the 6k incentive in CA so they can get ZEV credits. It's cheaper than buying credits from Tesla. It's the same reason Toyota stopped selling the e-Rav4 outside of Calif. A few other EVs are only available there.

Didn't see $6000 in NJ. Was not reflected in Lease price either. But we have no EV Sales Tax in NJ, so that helped.

Leased FFE with Leather, $0 out of pocket, 36 months, 10500 miles, $280 a month. I think its a great deal.

Derek

2014 Focus Electric Bonus Cash went up $500 to $6,500. Now the loaded Focus Electric is just $29,495($335 less than the base Leaf S $29,830), or $21,995 after $7500 Fed tax incentive or $19,495 after CA Incentive.

I just bought my FFE at 0% for 72 months. Ontario offers $8500 rebate so no special reduction from ford.
When I was poking around the dealership in the last days of April they were offering 1.49% up to 60 months and 2.49% for 72.. When I finally pulled the trigger in May the financing had dropped to 0% across the board. That 0% really twisted my head around while filling out the forms. :? One gets used to figuring in the interest numbers. 0% financing really, really helps. I'm still paying more than I care too for the car but its a little more palatable now. :)

Zurc.

Still waiting for my car to be built- its been 2 months- have an order# so I assume that it shouldn't be much longer. Will do they official intro when I get it...

You can call your dealer about once per week to get an order status--and perhaps find out when they will build it.

Or you can do the same thing on twitter by pinging @FordService:
  • First follow them
    Second tweet to them that you have a car on order and want to check its status
    They will respond with instructions (you send them a direct message with your dealer name and order #)
    They will reply with any info
    When your car is scheduled to be built you'll get a VIN--@FordService will even send you a link to your window sticker

Back