NSXMOD

What % of people on here do we guess have had shut down prob

Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:01 pm

Just signed a 3 year lease and knew a little about the shut down errors but just found the the topic area http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=15 its a bit scary and concerns me, as it should. Have been excited about going to get the car this Sunday but now want to have the recall work done before I pick the car up. The link to the web page to check your vin is here :shock:
http://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentSe ... ecallsPage

wondering how many people have had no issues???

unplugged

Re: What % of people on here do we guess have had shut down

Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:56 pm

NSXMOD wrote:wondering how many people have had no issues???
The number of people who have HAD "Stop Safely Now" (SSN) errors are between one and two percent.
May 2013 Ice Storm once leased and currently a 2017 White Platinum

davideos

Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:18 pm

It is hard to say how many unless Ford released the data. I think any car had the potential to do it regardless whether it has or not. My car was fine until last month. Fortuneately, the fix from Ford came out a week later. I don't want to Jinx anything, so knock on wood, but I haven't heard of anyone having the problem after performing the update.

jmueller065

Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:57 am

For a while I was tracking the reported SSN errors here and on Ford's forum in a spreadsheet (you can still see it in the thread but I haven't updated it in a while). At the time it appeared that the number was something like 2% - 3% (a little higher than unplugged estimate).

Those numbers are for the SSN's reported here but my estimate may be a bit high (and unplugged's more accurate) because:
  • - There would be many people who DON'T get the SSN issue not on here (they are happy)
    - The majority of people who get SSN Google the error which drives them here (increasing the % here)
Having said all that there are people with tens of thousands of miles on their FFE who never got a SSN error.
2018 Cajun Red Chevy Bolt
2016 Magnetic C-Max Energi (lease returned)
2014 Sunset Escape
2014 Thor Axis (V-10)
2013 Focus Electric (lease returned Jan 2016 for the C-Max above)
https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/

jachady

Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:09 am

No issues here, until I plugged in the Progressive Snapshot device. Then lots of shut downs. Unplug the Snapshot, no issues. 5200 miles in.

jeffand

Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:22 pm

With a gas powered car you have to worry about getting bad gas. This could cause a perfectly good running car to stall out unexpectantly. With the FFE i have never heard of the car stalling out because of bad electrons.
2013 FFE, Ingot Silver
Delivered September 2012

Josephus

Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:40 pm

No SSN errors here. About 7K miles.

JTCalif

Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:04 pm

jmueller065 wrote:For a while I was tracking the reported SSN errors here and on Ford's forum in a spreadsheet (you can still see it in the thread but I haven't updated it in a while). At the time it appeared that the number was something like 2% - 3% (a little higher than unplugged estimate).
I copied that spreadsheet, then updated it some into October, based on what I read in blogs (like right here).
My count was up to 50 cases, with a fair amount of detail, but cannot say it is complete (or error-free).
FFE built Jan 2015 (was FFE May 2012)

NSXMOD

Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:26 am

Thanks for the responses guys , even the yelling correctional response about shut down error.....oops i mean " HAD "Stop Safely Now" (SSN)". The car was flashed before I picked it up with the updates, now i just have to learn to live with range anxiety. On my trip from Seattle to Bellingham Wa. I stopped in Burlington for a charge and there was a leaf already there charging. Although I already new about and chose the FFE , the CHADeMo made me very Jealous and think about my choice of EV. Ultimately i chose the ffe for the driving experience and the technologically advance interior, the lease takes into account the advances that will take place over the next 3 years. The super charged NSX takes care of my days off of ffe

GREG

CHADeMo

Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:02 pm

What would it take for an FFE to be upgraded to a CHADeMo?

Return to “News and Main Ford Focus Electric Forum”