Lack of news for the Ford Focus EV

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

california

You know we're running out of interesting things to talk about:

Ford has announced a perk of owning the Ford Focus Electric vehicle. The car will come with a convenience cord. It's a 25 foot charging cord for use in a standard 120v plug for owners to use while they are out and about at places that do not have 240V charging stations.

The cord's look was apparently inspired by hockey sticks, curling irons and tennis rackets.

ford_det_ns_100710_717.jpg

Really I think these will get stolen aand recycled as fast as you can plug them in... that's a lot of nice copper. And where will people be trying to use them? Downtown in big cities that have homeless people and others with addictions they need money for!

Agreed there is a huge lack of news. At this point I will be very pleasantly surprised if anyone is driving one by the end of the year. The Facebook page is hinting at the ability to sign up (reserve) in the next few months...I would hope they have a pricetag before they ask for reservations.

The lack of news sucks right now. But I think Nissan got people to exited way before the deliveries, which is causeing a lot of the frustration that is appearing now. I am sketchy on the timelime because it has been a while. But I was following the Leaf from day one and had one of the first reservations. But being in a non-rollout area they told me my order date was late Fall 2011. So from the 3rd day of the first registration, I think it was April 23rd 2010, and putting my deposit down I was looking at 1 and 1/2 years of having a deposit down before I could even select the color. What really pissed me off was anyone in the roll out areas who put in a reservation in the second reservation period and all rental fleets in the roll out area where placed before me. I assume living in the 3rd best EV city in the US that it will take at least another year most likely longer before any EVs are sold in my area. So in some cases more information only makes the problem worse.

I think the Ford Focus EV will be a better fit for me anyway. I live in a cold and hot weather location. The tempuratures range from -10 to 100+, so battery management is more important than California.

That's a good point Scott - I bet Ford has noticed the negative press Nissan is getting with not being able to meet the deadlines they set... it is a smart move to hold back on news about the Ford Focus Electric.

However, I don't need release dates or the ability to pre-buy yet - it would be nice just to get some specs on the Ford Focus EV!

Klaus I know what you mean it is driving me crazy. I search 2-3 times a day for information on any site I can find. I really like the Ford Focus EV. It looks so much better than the Nissan Leaf and the battery management system if is so much better than the Lead. I had been folllowing the Nissan Leaf for some time and put a reservation for a Leaf almost on the first day. I messed up and I had to call for help on the reservation and was only one of the first 8,000 to put a deposit down. But when anyone in a roll out area and when the rental fleets in the roll out area were given priotiy over anyone in a non-roll out areas I canceled the reservation. I was given the late Fall order date from Nissan. For the Ford I have found someone in the roll-out area for the Ford Focus Ev that will sign up for me. I plan to trailer the Focus EV home. Ironically I live in what a study said was the number 3 EV area in the US for EVs. But with politics and stupidity on Ford's part they are not selling the EV in my city.

I recently went to the twin cities autoshow hoping to talk electric with Ford and other car makers. I was able to see the Volt, but no touching!, but was about to climb all over the Leaf and the MiEV (pre-orders start at the end of the month for late 2012 delivery). However Ford had zero information on the Focus, which was quite disappointing. Even Honda had more information with stated availability in 'Calender year 2012'.

No one is perfect some are advanced and some takes time to collect information though the ford are lacking the info for the focus but i am sure in the coming years they will come with miracles as well..

Back