Not sure if Steve is still on here so I'll fix it for him. Not sure why since I hate DRLs. Anyway here is a repost of Steve's work with pictures:
Okay - here goes....
I started on the passenger headlight assembly. I had already used my 2017 Focus Electric Wiring Diagram Manual to figure some things out and learn that Ford did not follow their manual with these headlight assemblies. These headlights have HIDs.
Remove the two bolts and connector from the headlight assembly:
Now take the assembly to your bench and remove the shown rubber cover. Right underneath it is the H1 socket. Remove it. It has a hot wire but no grounding.
Remove the dummy chrome piece that is stuck in the H1 bulb position:
The next step is a long one. Cut the wire to the H1 socket. It also goes to a control mod and you do not want that connected. Add a ground wire (I soldered on around the H1 bulb base plate). Drill a hole through one of the unused connector holes - you can see the one I used. The plastic is VERY thin so go easy as you're through very quick. Feed two wires through and I added a waterproof connector. Seal the hole against moisture. This the hard step so it'll take a while. Here's all that done:
Don't forget to install the H1 LED bulb. Mine has 8 LEDs but I have a better COB bulb ordered. The slot for the H1 bulb is very thin so most bulb will not fit - it has to be thin.
You are now ready to put the headlight module back on the car.
Reinstall the assembly:
Do all the same for the driver side:
I tapped off the power lead under the hood that others have talked about (#39, I believe) as that only powers on when the car is on. I installed a switch on the dash for this and my high powered DRLs (I add that story and pics later). Here's the finished look:
They look real good from dusk until dawn but aren't bright enough during the day. The new bulbs may help with that. They make every section of the headlight work now. Here's a shot of the switches. They each have an LED that shows when they are one (one switch for these and one for the high powered DRLs).
I obviously ran wires to each headlight and into the headlight assembly via the waterproof connectors. Controlled via the dash switch.
There is an appearance of the H1 power lead on the existing headlight connector but no way to easily use it (and it has the unknown control mod lead - danger, Will Robinson!). I like it and it was not too much work. The first headlight assembly took me about 90 minutes as I figured things out. The second one took 15 minutes.
I'll post the other high-powered DRL pics if of interest - and when I get more time.
Love this forum!