Hatch Area Mat

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fluke

My use of the rear hatch area will eventually lead to wear of the OEM covering since it is a felt-like material instead of carpeting. I found a rubber mat that is supposed to be sized to fit on top of the Focus Electric's cargo organizer from Rubbertite. I'll post some photos of it when it arrives. Until then, here is their website.

http://www.empirecovers.com/custom-rubber-mats.aspx

Also, I found that the Weathertech Digital floor mats for the regular Focus fit perfectly in the Electric for driver and passenger locations. I did not get any for the rear. The driver side mat includes the hold-down rings that the original carpet mats have.

Fluke - I like the look of those floor mats. I am a little concerned about wear and tear on the factory carpet/mats. I removed the cargo organizer. I felt it actually reduced trunk space.

In regard to the mats, are they a quality product? Is it real thick and does it reduce leg room? Do you like it?

Thanks for the find....

The WeatherTech mats are good quality relatively thick mats, the fit is perfect and they stay in place. I like that they have a "pan" type shape to capture snow, rain, or mud and keep it off the carpets. I'd prefer a mat type finish over the semi gloss that they have so it would not show marks as easily, but this is a minor gripe. The mats follow the contour of the floor and do not reduce leg room at all.

I do wish that Ford had extended the footwell toward the rear a few inches so it would be flat until it goes under the seat. The floormats (carpet or WeatherTech) end at the hump prior being under the seat.

I purchased the standard Ford Focus Cargo mat from Ford. This is the mat that says it is not for the BEV. I took a hair dryer to it and stood on it(on the garage floor) to make creases in it at the turns in the cargo area for the battery. I also(in addition to others) removed all the blocks of storage helpers? that Ford put in cargo area. The mat then lays down in this area, goes up the battery back wall then 1/2 way across the top of the battery. I then purchased the fits-all cargo net from Ford and set it so it rests against the back wall of the battery(used miniature bungee cords to reach the sides). This gives me a waterproof area for muddy shoes and wet clothes from Mountain biking & running. And many grocery bags. I now store helmets, gloves, clothes and towels on the battery top, they are kept there by the sandwich created by the back seats and the cargo net.

I just got a small moving blanket for the cargo area. It covers the battery cover and tucks down behind the seat backs.

Photo%2520Oct%252020%252C%252015%252021%252058.jpg

Back