Source for Owner Manuals, Cords, and Spare Tire Kit

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milam

I have a new 2016 Focus Electric.

Problem, someone stole the owner manuals, 110 charging cord, and Spare Tire Kit.

I had a friend haul it in on a flatbed for me.

Someone stole this stuff, when he stopped for fuel.

Any suggestions for a site, to purchase replacements?

Thanks,

/s/ Tom Milam, Jr.
[email protected]
(405) 429-7928

I bought a spare inflator on Ebay for around 50$. Mini and BMW have them as well. I just used the liquid in my original
and worked great and the refills were not cheap.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEMPORARY-MOBILITY-KIT-INFLATOR-16-FORD-/252632788989?hash=item3ad2166ffd:g:Cs8AAOSw44BYJw1Q&item=252632788989&vxp=mtr

Now may be a good time to look at an alternate EVSE, not the one that Ford supplies.
For about half the price that Ford wants for their 120V convenience cord, you could pick up a higher power Dual Voltage cord, that will give you faster charging and be more versatile.

http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3465

The FFE has no spare tire. I'm assuming you meant the tire slime and air pump? I did pick up a spare tire from a JY for $35 that I hope to never have to use. I just leave it in my garage. With the limited range I'm never far enough from home that it's not a big deal to get a ride home and take the tire, jack, and lug nut wrench back to the car. That way I can shop around for a tire and not just be stuck with whatever the closest shop has in stock.

jmueller065

Thank you for the help.

I will print this off tonight.

I found a 2015 Focus Electric Manual (case, cover, odds and ends) on eBay for $28.00

I am guessing that the 2015 and 2016 cars are similar in operation. I am wondering
about the Sync 3.0.

I have taken the car to the dealer to get updates and two recalls taken care of. I am guessing
that the modem, will require me to erase and start over the iPhone Apps.

Love the car. I may trade in for a 2017.

I appreciate all of the help on this site.,

Pearl

Thank you for the help.

I purchased an used Leaf adapter. It works great.

Do you recommend any particular unit?

I am having a Ford Level 2 Charger installed as we speak.

fbitz777 said:
I bought a spare inflator on Ebay for around 50$. Mini and BMW have them as well. I just used the liquid in my original
and worked great and the refills were not cheap.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEMPORARY-MOBILITY-KIT-INFLATOR-16-FORD-/252632788989?hash=item3ad2166ffd:g:Cs8AAOSw44BYJw1Q&item=252632788989&vxp=mtr

fbitz777

Thank you for the help.

I ordered it from eBay. Should have it next week.

Thank you and everybody else for the help.

I have now had a Ford Focus Electric for five days.

I love it. Think of it as a challenge.
I fly a lot. This is almost as much fun, almost.

2012 to 2016 use identical owner's manuals. Or they are more than close enough that you will be just fine.

Don't stress the app thing after the modem update. Some people have trouble, others don't. Just try the car and if it doesn't work, you know what to do.

Installing a 240V system in your garage is a good plan.

If you want a far better tire inflator than the Ford version - buy a good 12V air compressor and a can of tire goo.
I happen to like this compressor a lot. In fact I don't use a 120V big compressor any more to fill my tires.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012M84U4Y/

You really should buy an accurate tire pressure gauge also. Highly recommend the Joe's Racing or similar. The electronic digital gauges are not nearly as precise.

You want to keep the tires at the proper pressure, much more than with an ICE.

Milam said:
Pearl

Thank you for the help.

The Ford branded EVSE is probably one of the most expensive units you can buy. There are many, many much more affordable options.
I have a Bosch PowerMax.
There are some alternatives here:
http://www.homedepot.com/b/Electrical-Alternative-Energy-Solutions-EV-Charging-Stations/N-5yc1vZc3gj?Ns=P_REP_PRC_MODE%7C0

Milam said:
Pearl

Thank you for the help.

I bought a JuiceBox 40 Classic. So far it's working great! No frills, just an aluminum box that does the job.

triangles said:
The FFE has no spare tire. I'm assuming you meant the tire slime and air pump? I did pick up a spare tire from a JY for $35 that I hope to never have to use. I just leave it in my garage. With the limited range I'm never far enough from home that it's not a big deal to get a ride home and take the tire, jack, and lug nut wrench back to the car. That way I can shop around for a tire and not just be stuck with whatever the closest shop has in stock.

Be careful about buying slime! I wanted to save the one that was in the emergency kit and used Slime instead and it clogged the tire monitoring valve and ended up with having to bring the whole wheel to Pep Boys (who were nice enoght to clean it)

Make sure you buy slime with the label TPMS SAFE.

Thank you for the advice.

What I did.

1. Purchased two tire inflation kits off of eBay. They ran approximately $50.00 each.
2. Purchased an used Leaf 110 volt, level 1 cable. Paid approximately $100.00 for that.
3. Purchased a 2015 owners manual, with case and extras. I think that I paid
$28.00. Would love to have a 2016 manual. But I have not found one yet.

Any other suggestions?

The car is getting everything updated.

I believe that they are putting in a new modem?

Personally I would never use a tire inflation kit.

They coat the inside of the tire and wheel with sticky goo and usually requires (expensive) replacement of the pressure sensor (ruined by the goo).

I have had great success with repairing minor punctures with the non-messy and simple DynaPlug product:

https://www.amazon.com/Dynaplug-Tubeless-Tire-Repair-Tool/dp/B00BBE7KAM

All the repairs I did (nail punctures, and once a large screw) lasted until the tire had to be replaced from normal wear. The plugs simply do just that... plug the puncture. No goo or mess.

I keep a DynaPlug tool and several plugs in my FFE at all times. Very compact, in the back of the glovebox.

EVA said:
Or add a AAA subscription and don't worry about any of those things!
I have AAA too, but I think a DynaPlug kit is also very cheap insurance in case you are stuck in the middle of nowhere, AAA is hours away, or maybe there is no cell signal to even call them.

(I agree, none of those scenarios are very likely in an FFE, but I like to be self-sufficient.)

WattsUp said:
EVA said:
Or add a AAA subscription and don't worry about any of those things!
I have AAA too, but I think a DynaPlug kit is also very cheap insurance in case you are stuck in the middle of nowhere, AAA is hours away, or maybe there is no cell signal to even call them.

(I agree, none of those scenarios are very likely in an FFE, but I like to be self-sufficient.)

I have one of the cheapy plug kits from Walmart in my car as well (in fact, in all of my cars). I've only had to use it once. However, within a few days I took the car to Discount tire for them to remove the plug and properly patch the tire from the inside. Since I buy my tires from them, they do this at no charge.

Keith

campfamily said:
within a few days I took the car to Discount tire for them to remove the plug and properly patch the tire from the inside.
Fwiw, my DynaPlug repairs lasted for about 20,000 miles.

It will not work for all punctures, but for a small nail or something else simple, it seems to work great.

edisonb5 said:
I agree that DynaPlug works great only for small punctures.
Au contraire. Common misunderstanding. They work on any size hole in the tread (they do not work in the sidewall - nothing works there). The Dynaplug website has some outstanding videos on how to use them.

https://youtu.be/EjmPOrdd5b4

http://www.dynaplug.com/videos.html

Back