Black ST style headlamp housings?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsanders4

I've been looking to replace the headlights and taillights on my FFE, but all the black ST style headlamps say "Will not fit Focus Electric"

Anyone know why?

See, I don't understand that because most, if not all of them have the row of LED daytime running lamps.

They should fit fine. You have cornering lamps in the ST3 headlamps though which won't work. It may throw an error. I may try with my buddies ST when we take his bumper off next.

Only the ST3 headlights are similar to ours. The ST1/2 headlights do not have the LED strip. They're basically identical except ours don't have the cornering light. Wondering if this can be enabled in FOCCCUS...

Anyone else use that to enable global windows up/down? I love that feature.

breeves002 said:
Wondering if this can be enabled in FOCCCUS...

Are you saying that our FFE can be coded? I'd like to code the LEDs in the front to be on all of the time, like the ICE Focus is. And, I'd love the global window up/down, I'm assuming that's from the keyfob?

campfamily said:
breeves002 said:
Wondering if this can be enabled in FOCCCUS...

Are you saying that our FFE can be coded? I'd like to code the LEDs in the front to be on all of the time, like the ICE Focus is. And, I'd love the global window up/down, I'm assuming that's from the keyfob?

Kind of yes. I can't get the LEDs to stay on all the time. I've tried as hard as I can, and all I can get it to do is leave the headlights on with LED strips all the time. Global window up and down is done with the keyfob yes.

Can do it all with a wired ELM (obdlinkSX or similar) and FOCCCUS (free).

UGH.

I've seen a number of folks on here swap their headlight housings with black ones (not smoke tint, but black instead of chrome).

"Should fit" isn't good enough for a $200-$400 purchase which will likely be non-returnable. :cry:

Funny thing is, all the black headlamps I see are for ALL models of 2012-2014 Focus, except EV, so I'm confused about the cornering lamps statement in a previous reply.

Apparently, the deal killer is the fact that all the aftermarket lighting manufacturers say the Focus EV has factory HID's.

None of the black housing aftermarket headlamp replacements fit factory HID's.

The question remains, how are people replacing their headlamp housings?

Back