Impact of lightweight 18" rims with 235/40 LRR tires??

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NavinRJohnson

If anyone has put on lightweight (~20lb) 18" rims with 235/40 tires, has the impact on range, ride quality and handling been significantly positive/negative? In what ways?

I have not tried any other rims or tires but I am very interested also if this would have any changes. I was always supprised that ford did not go with a more aerodynamic rim like the insight or the prius. I want to start looking for a smaller rim that will fit the car to see if I can reduce ride height a bit and increase acceleration for the next track day at laguna seca.

I assume you are joking about track day at Laguna Seca - has anyone out there taken an ffe to the track? could be fun

epaminondas said:
I assume you are joking about track day at Laguna Seca - has anyone out there taken an ffe to the track? could be fun

No I am not. It was quiet a bit of fun when I went. The car may not be that fast in the straights it was taking everything I had to go fast through the corners. Better tires would really make a big difference over the LRR tires on there now.

Here is the thread of my Laguna Seca Experience:http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2151

Back