Installing LED lighting on the Ford Focus 2012, 2013.

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent video. :) Thanks for posting.

I know the video mentioned each bulb but, when you get a chance, could you post a list of links the LED bulbs you used?

Jeffand - Excellent video, you got me started down the right path. Thank you for the suggestion - I love the new lights. There were a few small places I got tripped up.

Being an all electric car, it seems like we should be using the most efficient everything in this car. There's something philosophical about changing the incandescent bulbs to LED. I'm doing it all over my house, so why not the car?

It took me about 20 minutes to do the job, not because it was hard to do, there were a couple of confusing steps and I didn't want to break my brand new car. The first dome light is a little strange to remove - once you know the trick, it is super easy. There is a little metal spring clip at the rear of those dome lights. You push that in and the fixture pulls out. The metal ring stays in the headliner. Jeffand does it so fast in the video, I missed the clip part.

The first rearview mirror was a bit scary, especially since it looked tough in the video. In the end, that socket is rubber and it pulls out pretty easily. Fishing it out to replace the bulb is fun.

http://youtu.be/d0w38IpKR1o

The amber side marker light isn't shown in that video. The last 4 minutes of this video show it in detail (link starts you there):

http://youtu.be/cCgkOx17LEI?t=8m27s

Not the cheapest upgrade I've ever done, and probably not worth it from a money standpoint. On the other hand, the lights look a heck of a lot better (color is solid white, not warm tungsten), are brighter, and use less electricity. All in, it was $50.

Here's what you need from superbrightleds.com

2 - WLED-CWHP15-TAC (trunk lights - cool white, but you can choose disco colors if you want)
2 - WLED-AHP5 Amber (side marker lights for the rearview mirror)
4 - WLED-WHP5 Cool White (2 dome lights and 2 puddle lights for the rearview mirror).

There's nothing special about superbright - you can probably find these lamps other places. These are super standard wedge base lamps.

Other than the amber side light, you can choose whatever color you'd like. I went Cool White all around.

It also turns out that the 2012 Titanium Focus we have with a sun roof, has LED dome lights. I would guess you can buy those bulbs from Ford, if you wanted to go that route.

Back