MermaidHair wrote: ↑
Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:02 pm
Add me to the list of SSN sufferers. I have a 2014 FFE with 45,000 on it. My car has been at the dealership since 7/5/19 and they still do not know what is wrong with it. Here are some relevant details:
- The wiring harness was replaced before I took delivery of the car back in 2014.
- I had one SSN incident in the first couple of weeks that was solved by reseating all of the connections.
- Next SSN error happened in April 2019. It was a one off and I thought nothing of it.
- I did experience the issue where my level 1 charge cord fried my home electrical outlet. Got a replacement cord but no assistance for the electrical repair at home from ford
- On 7/3/19 my teenage daughter was driving the car and started getting SSN errors. My phone was lighting up with texts from the car so I was able to tell her to stay off freeways and be aware. It happened 8 times over the course of about 10 miles of surface street driving. I had the car towed to the dealer (nearest one is about 20 miles freeway driving away) on 7/5
- At some point in the past month they offered us a loaner since it was taking so long. I thought this was because it was covered under the extended warranty. Not so sure about that now.
- On 8/1 we went to pick up the car. At that time they had 15 hours of labor on the car, replaced the charging ring, some other connectors and reprogrammed "9 out of 15 modules" in the car. All should be good and they will work with Ford to reduce the cost of my bill (you BET they will! 15 hours of labor is exorbitant. Tells me they don't know how to diagnose the car).
- Drove away. Daughter driving again. Got 4 miles from dealership and were going about 70 MPH on freeway when SSN pops up again. This time it was VERY DANGEROUS.
- Pulled over, restarted the car and took surface streets back to the dealer where the car is today. They are still diagnosing it. The tech wants to put in a new battery but Ford has not approved that yet.
Meanwhile, I am driving a brand new Fusion Hybrid (had 6 miles when they loaned it to me). This car is not to shabby but I want my car back.