Replacing electric heater?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

infinkc

Anyone replace their electric heater? mine is bad and curious how bad of a job it is? dealer quoted 1k to do the work. Are there shop manuals online?

Before you replace your heater, make sure you don't have air in the cabin-heater coolant loop. I suppose if you turn on the heater and you don't see the climate power consumption go up on the dash, that could be a sign. If you have Forscan working on your car (OBDII dongle + app) you can see what the coolant temp is at the heater.

When I had my battery replaced, The dealer didn't purge the air out of the coolant lines. The cabin heater is on one of 3 loops. The other 2 loops have de-gas line that goes from the top of the loop to the coolant reservoir, but the cabin-heater loop does not. If air gets in their, you will get no heat.

Thanks, the dealer had checked and they said it was bad. They did note they check for coolant also. Just got a forscan cable so will check it out myself. Found the part is $650, looks easy to replace also as it’s in the engine bay, not in the dash.

Back