An online Ford Focus Electric Forum discussion group

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:57 am 

Our 2014 FFE is not blowing out hot air and the AC seems to be working oddly. When turning on the heat from a warm range to high, it simply blows out cold air. Interestingly enough, when I turn it on high and set it to the defogger mode, when opening the hood, I can clearly feel very warm heat being generated and blown around under the hood. The air blowing inside the cabin remains cold. When going in to AC mode, it seems to blow extremely cold and even colder air depending on the temperature setting.

On the power generation image, when the AC is on, the majority of the time it draws electricity into the climate image, but when turning on the heat, there is no flow to it. It's simply cutoff. The coolant level is at the correct level in the reserve and I've tested all related fuses, which all are properly drawing.

I just wanted to hear of any ideas before having to bring it in.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:25 am 

Did you read the machine errors?
Focus Electric has a sophisticated heating and cooling system associated with the battery, interior heater, engine cooling and inverter.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:18 pm 

Thanks for the message. My OBD reader gets an error code when using it in the FFE. What reader would work?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:11 pm 

I use and recommend Els27
or OBDLINK SX USB

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:20 pm 

Read this, may be help ... Lesson-3-Cooling-System > http://electroscheme.org/uploads/files/ ... System.pdf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:46 am 

you need to use an ELM ODB dongle and forscan software to read the codes on the FFE.

It sounds like you have air in your heater loop. Check your coolant level. Either that or the pump for the heater coolant isn't working. Unless you just want to take it in you really need to be able to read the codes to do any trouble shooting. Search on these forums, using an ODB dongle and forscan has been thoroughly discussed.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:55 am 

This is absolutely a biggest problem. A heater don't actually act like this.

Heating and Cooling Toronto

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:57 am 

triangles wrote:
you need to use an ELM ODB dongle and forscan software to read the codes on the FFE.

It sounds like you have air in your heater loop. Check your coolant level. Either that or the pump for the heater coolant isn't working. Unless you just want to take it in you really need to be able to read the codes to do any trouble shooting. Search on these forums, using an ODB dongle and forscan has been thoroughly discussed.

I appreciate the help and will be reading the codes once I get the scanning tool.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:26 pm 

We will wait for information, do not worry, we will help you to solve the problem 100%.
Have a nice day!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:51 am 

I ran the scanner and there was one problem: It's unable to communicate with the air conditioning control module. So, I'm going to make the assumption that the module is the issue and that's why we're experiencing all of these air issues. No codes from the module as it couldn't even communicate with it.