PCM programming update

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thanhdaica1985

Is it worth it to pay $480 for a bunch of modules update? Can I do it with Forscan? Could some one help me with this? I need to tell the dealer by tomorrow if they should go ahead with the update or not. Thanks.

Thanks all. I've decided not to go ahead with the update. To give you a little story. I experienced the SSN after parking under hot condition during summer and I finally have time to take it to the dealer. They charged me $160 just to diagnose and told me there's a bunch of updates to the module that they'll do for $480 including the $160 diagnose fee. I smelled something fishy about this but just want to confirm with you guys. They car runs ok after that one incident of SSN and I'm only using this car for another two years then I'll move on to another EV.

F that dealer. Never give them any more business. A SSN error should have been a warranty claim and they should have followed any FSAs and updated your modules under warranty. It would probably have taken less than 30 minutes with a laptop and IDS to update the modules. I suppose I could be wrong since I am only speculation on what it would take but it sure smells like they are just trying to shake you down.

Update blocks need new software eliminates various flaws. There are important updates, there are no important updates. Update the dealer should be free, because it is factory flaws!

So I had another SSN, this time I didn't take it to Downtown Ford Sales but I took it to Harold Ford and Harold Ford told me that I have Premium Care Extended Warranty on this vehicle so I only have to pay them $100 to replace the high voltage wiring harness, reprogram the module etc. I also told them to replace the charging port lights since deductible is per repair visit. I reported Downtown Ford Sales to Ford Corp for trying to make me cough up so much money for reprogramming and $160 for diagnostic fee while I have Premium Care Coverage. I haven't gotten my car back yet but will update you guys on the process.

Back