MFM is a joke!! And Ford is no help.

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thanhdaica1985

Since I bought my Focus Electric used in August 2018, the fuel economy on MFM for my trips always display zero or null. In rare instances, it'll show watts per mile. I have sent inquiries to Ford in October regarding this issue and today I got an email saying that's what it's supposed to be. I have seen pictures from other members on this forum and their trip log shows watt per mile economy so clearly there's something wrong here with MFM. Anyway, what really pisses me off is that I called in to ask more questions about the email and the rep put me on hold to reach out to the technology team and then she hung up on me. This is the first time I own a Ford and also the last time. Their tech is not on par with industry and their customer service is sloppy.

Dobrinia said:
Can you describe the problem and post a photo?

Average economy always shows 0 Wh/mile.
I've seen some very rare trips that showed up with a number that is not zero.
My car is at 78,000 miles and have between 14kw-15kw of capacity left.

Note that MFM has always been spotty and never reported accurate data for me for the entire time I had both my Focus Electric and my C-Max.

Now that they don't build either anymore I doubt you'll get anyone to put any effort into correcting this (unless the new vehicles with a plug--Lincoln Aviator, and perhaps the new Explorer--also use MFM but I highly doubt they will).

To be fair: Ford isn't the only one with a buggy remote solution: myChevrolet has its own set of quirks! LOL

jmueller065 said:
Note that MFM has always been spotty and never reported accurate data for me for the entire time I had both my Focus Electric and my C-Max.

Now that they don't build either anymore I doubt you'll get anyone to put any effort into correcting this (unless the new vehicles with a plug--Lincoln Aviator, and perhaps the new Explorer--also use MFM but I highly doubt they will).

To be fair: Ford isn't the only one with a buggy remote solution: myChevrolet has its own set of quirks! LOL

I just don't understand how it's so difficult. Basically the information is there and it's as simple as taking watts used divided by miles traveled. But the app could not do that and it stunts me!! Yeah I also have duplicated trip log, missing trip logs/charge logs. But what pisses me even more is the email Ford sent me saying that's what it's supposed to show me.

Back