An online Ford Focus Electric Forum discussion group

It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:39 am 

I had a rat chew through a small green wire inside the 'engine compartment'. There are three orange colored high voltage harnesses entering the area on the left hand side. This is a small green wire in the middle harness. Anyway, the local dealer said they would need to replace the compressor assembly and gave me the part number of CV6Z-19703. I'm not sure why this would be necessary. I am wondering if I can repair this wire and reset the system or computer to get rid of the 'stop safely now' error code. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience on the situation? I disconnected the high voltage disconnect behind the back seat. Do I need to take any other precautions?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:56 am 

Many insurance policies cover rodent damage. You may want to check on that.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:24 am 

That's not a feasible option with a $2500 deductible.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:39 am 

That makes no sense. I find it hard to believe the wire harness for the AC compressor isn't replaceable. I believe that small wire was a part of a safety circuit designed to sense when the HV wire is cut and not allow the HV wire to be energized.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:16 pm 

Thanks, I was aware of the disconnects. I will disconnect both and solder the wire and see what happens. I have not had time to work on it yet but will let you know what happens.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:19 pm 

Ok, so I removed the high voltage disconnects and soldered the wire together. I put everything back and the car works fine. Just as I thought the dealership was just trying to fleece me. I wonder how many people they screw over every year. They tried to charge me $2700 for something that took 30 minutes to fix and required no parts.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:07 pm 

Dutch wrote:
Just as I thought the dealership was just trying to fleece me. I wonder how many people they screw over every year. They tried to charge me $2700 for something that took 30 minutes to fix and required no parts.

To be fair a dealer or for that matter almost any repair shop doesn't repair damaged parts. They just replace with new parts.