My Sync2 APIM is faulty so I decided to use the opportunity to upgrade to Sync 3. I purchased a Fusion Sync 3 APIM and screen on eBay, along with a media hub (single usb).
I have a few questions for those who have previously conquered this:
- Do I need to get an adapter for the media hub, or can I splice wires?
- Do I need a sync 3 GPS antenna, even without nav on the new module? (my current car is nav)
- Will the dealer reflash for me? Someone at 4dtech told me they will not
- Is there a ford part for the sync 3 bezel adapter for the media hub?
- Since I have an extended warranty through ford on the sync2, should I get that replaced first so that I can sell a brand new APIM (Sync 2) kit (for someone that has a smaller screen or broken APIM?)