Stuck in Value Charge

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalel14

I plugged the car in at the airport and MFM said that the car is waiting to charge and will charge at a certain time, as if it had a value charge profile activated. It does not have one activated and is set on Charge Now in MFM on my phone and laptop. Of course, someone unplugged it before the designated start time, and I'll be back to pick it up outside that charging window.

Anyone have this happen to them and have a fix?

Coincidence that I was forced to upgrade MFM the day before this happened? I'm sure that it is.

I haven't had this problem specifically, but I have had issues transitioning from "charge now" to "value charge". I can't quite put my finger on it, but it seems it has problem if I don't select the change right after I power off the car. It takes several seconds for the car to make the change and if I do it to close to when the dash gauges power down, it doesn't always take. However, I haven't had much issue changing it from the app or online.

I used to have problems at work many times because the 120V socket I was plugging into was wearing out. The connection was a bit intermittent and it would be hard to tell what was going on by just looking at the app.

Not related to this thread, but if you find that value charging isn't working right, double check the clock in your car. Mine didn't charge a few attempts in a row. I finally figured out that the clock's AM/PM setting was flipped. It was supposed to charge at midnight but would have charged at noon.

Good luck.

try resetting Telemetrics Control Unit. Copying prior post on topic 'Focus not communicating with MFM anymore'

I emailed MFM support and they emailed me instructions to reset the Telematrics Control unit. As instructed, I removed and reinsert fuse F1 located in the luggage compartment fuse panel.

If anyone runs into this issue, go your to your owner’s manual on page 205:

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_ ... evom1e.pdf

kalel14 said:
I plugged the car in at the airport and MFM said that the car is waiting to charge and will charge at a certain time, as if it had a value charge profile activated. It does not have one activated and is set on Charge Now in MFM on my phone and laptop. Of course, someone unplugged it before the designated start time, and I'll be back to pick it up outside that charging window.

Anyone have this happen to them and have a fix?

Coincidence that I was forced to upgrade MFM the day before this happened? I'm sure that it is.

These cars should come with a switch on the dashboard that pulls and replaces the #1 fuse. It would save us all a lot of time.

So I got back to airport parking, plugged the car back in, and it charged fine. Got home, plugged it in, and it charged fine.

Another FFE mystery goes unsolved.

Back