how long does it take to set off the TPMS error?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triangles

I bought a set of 15" Volvo wheels for some winter tires since the OE tires suck so bad in snow. However the tires on them are good but a little small (195/65) so I decided to put them on the rear and see how long it takes to trigger a TPMS error to decide if it was worth getting TPMS sensors or seeing if I could disable TPMS with focccus. Well either the OE TPMS is incredibly forgiving or the Volvo wheels happen to have a compatible TPMS sensors. I've driven 30 miles and still no warning. I read on focusfanatics that you have to drive 20 miles before it triggers a warning and that the computer can store up to 8 TPMS sensors so you can have summer/winter wheels without having to do any programming. Does anyone know how long it takes to trigger the TPMS error if you don't have a TPMS sensor in one or more of your wheels?

Interesting. When I got my flat tire, I borrowed the spare from my fusion and Im pretty sure the light came on. I cant see it taking 20 miles to register. I know when we get the first cold night here, and all the tires lose pounds due to the cold, the light comes right on in the morning. Try letting the air from one of your tires out and see if the light comes right on. I believe it will.

Well I've gone over 60 miles now and still no TPMS warning light. These tires aren't balanced so I don't want to go very far or fast on them. I will go for a short drive to wake the sensors up and then let the air out of one of the volvo tires and see if I get a warning light. I could also put on my temporary spare that I know doesn't have a TPMS sensor.

Back